Following are some of the multiple choice questions on the Thermodynamics with answers that will help the students in developing their knowledge.
2. Which of the following has the highest calorific value?
3. How does a refrigerator work?
4. Mixture of ice and water form a
5. Addition of heat at constant pressure to a gas results in
6. Which of the following is NOT a conductor?
8. The absolute zero pressure can be attained at a temperature of
9. Which of the following gas has the highest calorific value?
10. What happens to particles when they are heated?
11. Carbonization of coal consists of
12. How are solids different from liquids?
13. The kind of heat transfer that travels through space in electromagnetic waves is ______________________.
14. An actual engine is to be designed having same efficiency as the Carnot cycle. Such a proposition is
15. Molecular volume of any perfect gas at 600 × 103 N/m² and 27°C will be
16. For the same maximum pressure and temperature,
17. The amount of thermal energy required to raise the temperature of one (1) kilogram of a substance by 1o C is known as:
18. One molecule of oxygen consists of __________ atoms of oxygen.
19. The value of cp/cv for air is
20. When cut-off ratio is ________; the efficiency of Diesel cycle approaches to Otto cycle efficiency
21. Thermal energy always moves:
22. 7. All phase changes (changing states) requires energy to be added or taken away.
23. Water has a specific heat of 4184 J/KgºC. Wood has a specific heat of 1760 J/KgºC. What material needs more energy to raise the temperature 1ºC
24. If the specific heat of water is 4,186 J/kg∙°C, how much heat is required to increase the temperature of 1.2 kg of water from 23 °C to 39 °C?
25. A sample of iron receives 50.J of heat energy that raises the temperature of the iron 25.0°C. If iron has a specific heat of 0.10 J/g°C, what is the mass of the iron sample?
26. If I heat up 2 pans of water one has 100 mL in it and one has 1000mL. Which one heats up the fastest?
27. How many Joules of energy are required to make 100 grams of ice at 0 οC completely melt? The specific latent heat of fusion of ice is 334000 J/kg
28. The heat from a hot burner to a pot is transferred by ______.
29. How much energy is required to completely boil away 150g of 10o C water? Use C = 4.184 J/goC for water, and Hv = 2260 J/g.
30. Heat travels from the sun to the earth by the process of...
31. Stored energy that results from the position or shape of an object is called...
32. Particles (molecules) in a ______________________ have less energy than the other states of matter.
33. Exothermic reactions...
34. When you place the metal in boiling water, heat flows from the _________ to the _______.
35. DON'T RUSH, YOU HAVE TIME. Water droplets condensing on the inside of a window on a cold day. Is this process exothermic or endothermic?
36. DON'T RUSH, YOU HAVE TIME.Frying an egg on a skillet. Referring to the egg, would the Enthalpy change be positive or negative?
37. The measure of average kinetic energy of all the particles within an object is called ____________.
38. A steady force pushes in the piston of a well-insulated cylinder. In this process, the temperature of the gas
39. In physics, there is no such thing as
40. The _____ Law of Thermodynamics says that heat always flows from an object with a higher temperature to an object of lower temperature naturally
41. In which of the following systems is entropy increasing?
42. When thermal energy is added to a substance, the substance's particles move:
43. The energy transferred between the particles of two objects because of the temperature difference between the two objects is called ________________.
44. The Law of Conservation of Energy states:
45. The unit for HEAT (thermal energy)
47. The variable foe HEAT
48. The variable for Specific Heat
49. Geothermal uses _______ to heat and cool a home
50. Thermal energy always travels from ______ temperatures to ______ temperatures.
Enjoyed the Quiz. Share this with friends