Following are some of the multiple choice questions on the Thermodynamics with answers that will help the students in developing their knowledge.
2. Which of the following has the highest calorific value?
3. How does a refrigerator work?
4. Mixture of ice and water form a
5. Addition of heat at constant pressure to a gas results in
6. Warm air rises and cold air sinks demonstrates what?
8. Which of the following is NOT a conductor?
9. Which of the following gas has the highest calorific value?
10. The absolute zero pressure can be attained at a temperature of
11. What happens to particles when they are heated?
12. When cut-off ratio is ________; the efficiency of Diesel cycle approaches to Otto cycle efficiency
13. Water has a specific heat of 4184 J/KgºC. Wood has a specific heat of 1760 J/KgºC. What material needs more energy to raise the temperature 1ºC
14. In closed cycle gas turbine, the air is compressed
15. If a gas is heated against a pressure, keeping the volume constant, then work done will be equal to
16. How are solids different from liquids?
17. Carbonization of coal consists of
18. The value of cp/cv for air is
19. The unit of power in S.I. units is
20. When applying the first law of thermodynamics to a system, when is heat a positive quantity?
21. The kind of heat transfer that travels through space in electromagnetic waves is ______________________.
22. In physics, there is no such thing as
23. The _____ Law of Thermodynamics says that heat always flows from an object with a higher temperature to an object of lower temperature naturally
24. DON'T RUSH, YOU HAVE TIME.Frying an egg on a skillet. Referring to the egg, would the Enthalpy change be positive or negative?
25. The measure of average kinetic energy of all the particles within an object is called ____________.
26. DON'T RUSH, YOU HAVE TIME. Water droplets condensing on the inside of a window on a cold day. Is this process exothermic or endothermic?
27. Exothermic reactions...
28. 7. All phase changes (changing states) requires energy to be added or taken away.
29. Heat travels from the sun to the earth by the process of...
30. When you place the metal in boiling water, heat flows from the _________ to the _______.
31. Stored energy that results from the position or shape of an object is called...
32. If the specific heat of water is 4,186 J/kg∙°C, how much heat is required to increase the temperature of 1.2 kg of water from 23 °C to 39 °C?
33. A sample of iron receives 50.J of heat energy that raises the temperature of the iron 25.0°C. If iron has a specific heat of 0.10 J/g°C, what is the mass of the iron sample?
34. If I heat up 2 pans of water one has 100 mL in it and one has 1000mL. Which one heats up the fastest?
35. How many Joules of energy are required to make 100 grams of ice at 0 οC completely melt? The specific latent heat of fusion of ice is 334000 J/kg
36. Particles (molecules) in a ______________________ have less energy than the other states of matter.
37. How much energy is required to completely boil away 150g of 10o C water? Use C = 4.184 J/goC for water, and Hv = 2260 J/g.
38. One molecule of oxygen consists of __________ atoms of oxygen.
39. For the same maximum pressure and temperature,
40. Molecular volume of any perfect gas at 600 × 103 N/m² and 27°C will be
41. An actual engine is to be designed having same efficiency as the Carnot cycle. Such a proposition is
42. What does the "U" stand for the formula ∆U = Q + W
43. H2 + 2 C + N2 + 270.3 kJ --> 2 HCNIs this reaction endothermic or exothermic?
44. In which of the following systems is entropy increasing?
45. How can energy be transferred from a cool object to a warm object?
46. The 1st Law of Thermodynamics says that temperature exists
47. Which situation best represents convection?
48. The handle of a metal spoon warms up when it is placed in a hot bowl of soup because of
49. A molecule consisting of one atom is known as
50. The entropy may be expressed as a function of
Enjoyed the Quiz. Share this with friends