Telematics is the study of transmission of information between vehicles and road infrastructure. It's a relatively new field that is expanding rapidly, and there are many different aspects to it.
Benefits of Telematics
Telematics can provide many benefits to both individuals and organizations. Some of the most significant benefits include:
- Improved safety: Telematics can help improve safety by providing information about road conditions, traffic congestion, and weather conditions. It can also help drivers avoid accidents by providing alerts about potential hazards.
- Reduced costs: Telematics can help reduce costs by providing information that can help optimize routes, avoid traffic congestion, and improve fuel efficiency.
Applications of Telematics
Telematics has a wide range of applications in both the public and private sectors. Some of the most common applications include:
Vehicle tracking: Telematics can be used to track the location of vehicles, as well as their speed and mileage. This information can be used to improve route planning and optimize fleet operations.
Telematics is a rapidly growing field with many potential applications. It has the potential to improve safety, reduce costs, and improve customer service. If you're interested in learning more about telematics, be sure to check out our Telematics MCQ: Test your Knowledge!
Following are some of the multiple choice questions on the Telematics with answers that will help the students in developing their knowledge.
1. Which of the following is not a ceramic material?
2. Which of the following manufacturing processes involves the joining of two pieces of metal by application of heat?
3. Which Engineering Sector is least likely involved in the manufacture of Cars?
4. Optical Fibres are most commonly used in which Engineering sector?
5. Surface Mount Technology is most closely linked to which development in Engineering
6. LCA in relation to sustainable Engineering is short for
7. How many pre-loaded Themes available on the MBUX ?
8. Which of these interior options are available with 20MY Jaguar XE 'SE' derivative?
9. Which of these features are exclusive to SE derivative of 20MY Jaguar XE?
10. What colour is the alloy wheel on the 20MY Jaguar XE 'SE' derivative?
11. The new F-Type derived gear selector on the 20MY Jaguar XE is termed as?
12. New sweeping turn indicators on the 20MY Jaguar XE are termed as?
13. Which of these telematics features are available on 20MY Jaguar XE?
14. Which of these functions are adjusted by Smart Settings with AI?
15. Adaptive LED Headlights are now standard across all derivatives of 20MY Jaguar XE?
16. Telematics is a technology which involves....
17. Which of the following modern materials is commonly used in manufacturing olympic bicycles?
18. Which of the following is an advantage of using Robots on an Assembly line?
19. 'JIT' manufacturing stands for
20. Which of the following is not a stage in Life Cycle Analysis
21. Producing small runs of a product (10s-100s) is called...?
22. Which of the following is not a machining process?
23. Poka-Yoke can be approximately translated as...
24. Which of the following is not one of the 4 'R's of minimising waste in the production process
25. Which of the following is a renewable form of energy?
26. Photovoltaic cells are used for...
27. Which of the following is a disadvantage of wind energy?
28. Which of the following products is most likely to be the result of one-off/jobbing production
29. Name the process used to automate machine tools?
30. How many colour schemes are there in the Ambient Light with 3 colour zones feature?
31. Which of the following device will be required to operate the COMAND Touch function?
32. The Burmester® surround sound system has a total output of…
33. The following are the locations of the Burmester® surround sound system’s speakers in a Mercedes-Benz sedan except…
34. Up to … mobile phones can be authorised via Bluetooth® on the multimedia system.
35. How many languages are available in MBUX ?
36. What is the central display size on new A Class (W177)?
37. How many FAVOURITES FM station can be saved on the MBUX?
38. What are the ways of using the MBUX?
39. What does COMAND stand for?
40. How many speakers are fitted into the new A-Class W177 model (Malaysian market)?
41. What are the display options available in the instrument cluster of the new A-Class W177 model?
42. The Smartphone Integration Package (14U) consist of..
43. What does ‘MBUX’ stand for?
44. Which of the following are the highlights of the rear-entertainment system of the Facelifted S-Class?
45. How can the smartphone’s voice recognition be very easily activated in the NTG 5.5? Requirement: Smartphone is connected by Bluetooth to the head unit.
46. What is the NTG version of the telematics system in the Pre-Facelifted C-Class (W205), GLC-Class and Pre-Facelifted S-Class?
47. Voice control can be used to control the following except…
48. What does ‘NTG’ stand for?
49. In NTG 4.5, the image from head unit transferred to central display via?
50. To have Digital car Key function, the vehicle must come with...
Enjoyed the Quiz. Share this with friends