Following are some of the multiple choice questions on the Symptoms of hyperthyroidism in females with answers that will help the students in developing their knowledge.
Symptoms of hyperthyroidism in females MCQ
1. What hormone is released by the pancreas when the blood sugar level is LOW?
2. Compared to the nervous system, the endocrine system
3. Hyperthyroidism is caused by excessive thyroid hormone production which results in weight loss, high heart rate and increased metabolism. What hormones are effected by this disorder?
4. Polycystic ovary syndrome causes infertility and excessive body and facial hair in women due to hormone imbalances. Which hormones could be impacted by this disorder?
5. Hyperparathyroidism creates problems by releasing too much hormone into the blood. This causes unusually high levels of calcium which can lead to weaker bones and kidney damage. Which hormone(s) would be impacted by this disorder?
6. An organ that produces secretions called hormones is known as a :
7. The _____ _____ is the master gland of the body because it releases hormones that stimulate other glands. It is located at the base of the brain.
8. What other system is the pancreas a part of?
9. The Islets of Langerhans are located in the ______. They produce glucagon and insulin.
10. You are driving down the rode and come upon an accident. You notice the victim is your best friend and the car door is stuck. Your heart rate increases and your mental alertness is enhanced. You are able to open the car door for an unexplained reason. What is this reason?
11. In females, breast milk production is the result of:
12. The overproduction or under production of this hormone can lead to giantism or dwarfism.
13. _______ is a sex hormone that plays important roles in the body. In men, it's thought to regulate sex drive (libido), bone mass, fat distribution, muscle mass and strength, and the production of red blood cells and sperm
14. ________ hormones play an essential role in the growth and development of female secondary sexual characteristics such as breasts, pubic and armpit hair, endometrium, and the regulation of the menstrual cycle and reproductive system.
15. _______ is a hormone that acts on organs in the body (including the breast and uterus) and as a chemical messenger in the brain, controlling key aspects of the reproductive system, including childbirth and lactation, and aspects of human behavior
16. What hormone is responsible for the "fight or flight" response?
18. Select ALL of the characteristics of a physical change
19. Which of the following is an example of a positive symptom of schizophrenia?
20. Which of the following is an example of a negative symptom of schizophrenia?
22. One of which three symptoms have to have been present in a sufferer for a month according to DSM5 for a diagnosis
23. Evidence of a chemical reactions is anything that shows -
24. One of the signs of a chemical reaction taking place is:
25. Which of the following describes a precipitate?
26. Which is NOT an indication of a chemical change?
27. A clear liquid from a flask is poured into another clear liquid in a beaker. Which of the following results of this procedure would indicate a new substance was formed?
28. Which of the following is an example that includes evidence of a chemical reaction?
29. A student places a piece of a potato into a container of hydrogen peroxide. One observation the student makes is that bubbles form around the potato. The presence of bubbles might indicate the formation of a new substance because bubbles -
30. Marie had a beaker with a small amount of baking soda. She added a few drops of pickle juice to the baking soda and observed fizzing and bubbling. Based on her observation, which of these can Marie determine about the new substance formed by mixing the baking soda and pickle juice?
31. The Best Friend's Club uses "invisible ink" to write notes to each other. The invisible ink is actually lemon juice that is clear when it dries on paper, but turns brown when a club member holds a burning candle under the paper. Once it is heated, it is never invisible again. What type of change is occurring when the paper is heated?
32. Evidence of a physical change.
33. Water boiling is a _______ change.
34. Fireworks Exploding are a ________ change.
35. A substance that has mass and takes up space.
36. Sugar is dissolved into Kool Aid. What type of change is this?
37. Blow drying my hair is an example of a physical change. What is the evidence of this?
Enjoyed the Quiz. Share this with friends