Following are some of the multiple choice questions on the Statistics with answers that will help the students in developing their knowledge.
1. Find the mean of these numbers:5,11,2,12,4,2
2. -describes middle 50% of data
3. -measure of variability when data is symmetric
4. Which of the following is an example of a statistical question?
5. What makes a question statistical?
6. Identify the POPULATION in the following question: What are the ages of the students at Clarke Middle School?
7. Identify the VARIABILITY in the following question: What are the ages of the students at Clarke Middle School?
8. What is the MODE of a data set?
9. What is the MEDIAN of a data set?
10. What is the RANGE of a data set?
11. What is the MEAN of a data set?
12. What is the median of the following data set:1, 3, 4, 4, 5, 6, 7
13. What is the mean of the following data set:1, 1, 3, 5, 5
14. What is the range of the following data set:1, 1, 3, 5, 5
15. What is the mode of the following data set:1, 1, 1, 2, 5, 9
16. What is the mode of the following data set:1, 1, 4, 5, 6, 6, 7, 8
17. What is the mode of the following data set:1, 6, 8, 10, 14
18. Based on the line plot, how many students ate 5 candy bars?
19. What does it mean for a graph of data to be SYMMETRICAL?
20. What does it mean for a graph of data to be SKEWED LEFT?
21. What does it mean for a graph of data to be SKEWED RIGHT?
22. Which answer shows categorical data?
23. Which answer shows numerical data?
24. A survey should always be ____ and ____.
25. At an assembly 7 out of 10 students who entered the gym were carrying a backpack. Based on this information, if 700 students were at the assembly, how many students could be expected to be carrying a backpack?
26. Ana wants to know the average student’s opinion of the tardy policy at her school. Which group of students should she survey in order to achieve the most accurate results?
27. A public library asked every 10th person who entered to name the type of book they were getting
29. The Student Council asked every tenth student in the lunch line how they preferred to be contacted with school news. The results are shown in the table. Is this an unbiased sample? If yes, suppose there are 684 students at the school. How many can be expected to prefer E-mail?
30. A hospital wants to open a gym. They ask the night-shift ER staff when they would use the gym.
31. A radio station asks its listeners to dial one of two numbers to indicate their preference for one of two candidates in an upcoming election. Of the responses received, 76% favored candidate A. If there are 1,500 registered voters, how many will vote for candidate A?
32. To determine the number of umbrellas the average household in the United States owns, a survey of 100 randomly selected households in Arizona is conducted. Of the households, 24 said that they own 3 or more umbrellas. The researcher concluded that 24% of the households in the United States own 3 or more umbrellas. Is the this a valid conclusion? Justify your answer.
33. A company makes DVDs and randomly selects 25 from 1500 to test them to see if they work.
35. At Donald's Donuts the number of donut holes in a bag can vary. Help Donald find the mode.12,10,10,10,13,12,11,13,10
36. Roger bowled 7 games last weekend. His scores are: 155, 165, 138, 172, 127, 193, 142. What is the range of Roger's scores?
37. Find the median of20 30 40 50 60
38. To find the mean of a set of numbers, add up all the items and divide by...
39. What is the interquartile range (IQR)?
40. 33, 25, 42, 25, 31, 37, 46, 29, 38What is the interquartile range of the data?
41. Dr. Dre is a dentist. He needs to report on the average number of cavities that his patients have.1,0,1,5,6,3,4
42. Find the median, mode and range: 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 8, 3
43. What is the Mean Absolute Deviation (M.A.D.) for this data?14, 19, 26, 27, 39
44. Is the following question statistical or non statistical?How many siblings does each Longview student have?
45. Is the following question statistical or non statistical?How many ceiling tiles are in our classroom?
46. What is the mean?4, 5, 6, 7, 3, 4, 10, 1
47. Find the mode:3.8, 4.2, 4.0, 4.2, 4.2
48. What is the median of this data set?3 , 17 , 17 , 11 , 8 , 13 , 5 , 18
49. Describe the shape of the graph.
50. What test score is the mode of Mary's data?
Enjoyed the Quiz. Share this with friends