Following are some of the multiple choice questions on the Space Science with answers that will help the students in developing their knowledge.
Space Science MCQ
1. What type of galaxy is this?
2. Brighter stars are hotter, larger, and closer to Earth
3. If I drop a jug of water and a pencil at the same time, which would hit first?
4. The smaller the planet or moon, the less gravity it will have.
5. If the Southern Hemisphere is experience winter, the Northern Hemisphere is experiencing....
6. Which season has the shortest days (least amount of daylight)?
7. It takes the moon about a _____ to revolve around the Earth
8. Shadows in the morning will be longer than at noon.
9. The Sun appears to move across the sky because...
10. Half of the moon and Earth are always...
11. The sun is a hot ball of gas that gives off light and is also our solar systems largest star.
12. The Earth spins around its own axis once every ____ hours
13. Astronomers can often identify a binary system that includes only one visible star by observing the effects of the dim star’s _________ on its brighter companion.
14. This is what our sun will become at the end of its life cycle.
15. An apparent shift in the position of an object when viewed from different locations.
16. An explosive release of energy that comes from the sun and that is associated with magnetic disturbances on the sun's surfaces.
17. Select the correct spelling:-
19. True or False:Star patterns are called constellations.
20. True or False:The North Star is called POLARIS?
21. What number planet from the sun is Earth?
22. Which of the following explains the revolution of a planet?
23. Why does the Earth seem flat for us?
24. What does Earth ROTATE (spin) around?
25. Which is the correct order of the moon phases? Remember, "Wax On, Wane Off"
New Moon, Waning Crescent, First quarter, Waxing Gibbous, Full Moon, Waning Gibbous, Third Quarter, Waxing Crescent, New Moon
Full Moon, Waxing Crescent, First quarter, Waxing Gibbous, New Moon, Waning Gibbous, Third Quarter, Waning Crescent, New Moon
Waxing Crescent, New Moon, First quarter, Waxing Crescent, Full Moon, Waning Gibbous, Third Quarter, Waning Crescent, New Moon
New Moon, Waxing Crescent, First quarter, Waxing Gibbous, Full Moon, Waning Gibbous, Third Quarter, Waning Crescent, New Moon
26. Which is the correct order of the planets?
Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune
Mars, Venus, Earth, Mercury, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune
Earth, Venus, Mercury, Mars, Saturn, Neptune, Pluto, Uranus, Jupiter
The Planets don't have an order.
28. Energy formed form moving water
29. Heat energy from the Earth
30. A full moon occurs on May 1st. When will the next full moon appear?
31. Why is the water cycle important?
32. Average temperatures have decreased over the past 100 years.
33. What planet is closest to the Sun?
34. What planet is 5th from the Sun?
35. Which of the following is NOT a characteristic of both the moon and Earth?
36. What powers the water cycle?
37. The temperature this week will be in the 80s.
38. Which of the following is not necessary in the formation of sedimentary rocks?
39. Which objects make up the solar system?
a sun, planets, moons, asteroids, meteoroids, comets
stars, planets, a moon, an asteroid, meteoroids, comets
a sun, a planet, a moon, asteroids, meteoroids, comets
planets, moons, an asteroid, a meteoroid, a comet
40. What is the correct order from largest to smallest?
galaxy, universe, planet, sun
planet, sun, galaxy, universe
universe, galaxy, sun, planet
sun, galaxy, universe, planet
41. What are two differences between planets in our solar system?
42. What is an example of one Earth day?
43. How long does it take from one full moon to the next full moon?
44. The further a planet is from the sun the __ it is.
45. What makes the moon shine at night?
46. Which of the following is considered nonrenewable?
47. Earth's rotation causes all of the following EXCEPT
48. Why do we have night and day?
49. Which of the following is an alternative source of energy?
50. What caused a canyon to form?
Enjoyed the Quiz. Share this with friends