Following are some of the multiple choice questions on the Respiratory System with answers that will help the students in developing their knowledge.
Respiratory System MCQ
1. The main organs of the respiratory system
2. How many lobes does the left lung have? Right lobe?
3. What is the correct name for the windpipe?
4. To release carbon dioxide
6. Pressure moves from high to low
7. The process of diffusing oxygen from the blood, into the interstitial fluid and into the cells.
8. Illness of the lungs where the alveoli become inflamed and filled with fluid
9. Density is calculated by...
10. The circulatory system works with the ___________ system to provide our body with oxygen and get rid of CO2 (carbon dioxide).
11. How is carbon dioxide released from the body?
12. The upper respiratory system is composed of these divisions:
13. Your lungs have as much surface area as a ___________
14. Hair in your nose and mucus help to trap dust, bacteria, and other materials from going into your lungs when you breathe in.
15. When you exhale, the diaphragm
16. Men's voice are typically deeper because... (select all that apply)
17. Pulmonary ventilation is...
18. The Immune systems response to an ordinarily harmless substance.
19. The left lung has three lobes and the right lung has two.
20. Given the following structures:1. larynx2. nasal cavity3. pharynx4. tracheaWhich of the following is the correct order that air would flow during inhalation.
21. What does the respiratory system release?
22. What are the names of the air sacs in the lungs where gas exchange takes place?
23. What is the correct name for the voice box?
24. What does the Larynx hold ?
25. Tiny tubes that branch off of bronchi
26. Laryngitis is the inflammation of
27. The larynx is apart of the upper respiratory system
28. At the end of broncioles are thin walled sacs called what?
29. Which of the following is not part of the Respiratory System?
30. What does the hard and soft palate divide?
31. What causes change in pressure when we breathe?
32. Which answer is true?
33. These apply to exhilation
34. These apply to inhalation
35. What structure of the bronchial tree does not have cartilage?
36. What specific cavity contains the lungs?
37. Which part of the Respiratory System plays a major role in speech? Also known as the voice box.
38. The two narrower tubes branching from the trachea that leads into the lungs
39. A chamber behind the nose and mouth that leads to the trachea and is part of the digestive system and respiratory system.
40. The large muscle that contracts and relaxes and moves air in and out of the lungs.
41. Tiny hairlike structures that line your nose and most other airways of the respiratory system.
42. The air tubes in your lungs branch off into smaller, narrower tubes called
43. An air tube that is held open by C-shaped rings of cartilage. Also known as the windpipe.
44. The flap of tissue at the bottom of the pharynx which keeps food and liquids out of the rest of your respiratory system.
45. Alveoli expand because they are...
46. The opening between vocal cords
47. A cavity within a bone or other tissue, especially one in the bones of the face or skull connecting with the nasal cavities.
48. The process of exchanging oxygen and carbon dioxide in the lungs.
49. The only externally visible part of the respiratory system
50. Olfactory receptors are located in the mucosa of the nose. What are these receptors used for?
Enjoyed the Quiz. Share this with friends