Following are some of the multiple choice questions on the Renewable Energy with answers that will help the students in developing their knowledge.
Renewable Energy MCQ
1. What is hydroelectric power?
2. Ultimately, all biofuels are ________, because they are the result of ________.
3. Which of the following batteries is the most powerful and most expensive?
4. Which renewable resource gets its direct energy from the sun?
6. Which is NOT a way to conserve energy?
7. Heating and cooling buildings by exchange with shallow groundwater systems is considered a form of ___ energy.
8. Which of the following energy sources has the lowest negative environmental impacts?
9. If a tractor trailer truck is 20% efficient, what happened to the other 80%
10. Which of the following are the most energy efficient light bulbs?
11. What is given off as waste in a hydrogen fueled car?
12. A home is built with clear glass panels that allow sunlight to pass through. This is an example of
13. Which is not an advantage of Wind energy?
14. A resource that can be replaced when needed.
15. Which one of these is NOT a type of renewable energy?
16. What % of the energy in the WORLD comes from renewable energy?
17. Which type of energy produces Carbon Dioxide, which can be harmful to our planet and cause pollution?
18. Printing on both sides of the paper helps to ________ paper waste.
19. Using an old jar to store items in the kitchen is an example of what?
20. Taking old cans and bottles to the bottle return is an example of...
22. The ratio of the useful energy delivered by a dynamic system to the energy supplied to it.
23. All of the following are considered renewable energy sources EXCEPT –
24. Energy derived from wind by means of windmills or wind turbines.
25. Device that combines hydrogen and oxygen and produces electricity in the process
26. Plant materials and animal waste used especially as a source of fuel.
27. A person or household that purchases goods or services.
28. A contaminant to the environment, especially human-made waste.
29. The process of making new products from materials that were used in another product.
30. Energy stored in the earth in the form of heat.
31. To decrease the amount of products purchased or produced with the intent of minimizing waste
32. The use of flowing water from waterfalls and dams to produce electricity.
33. Energy stored in the nucleus of an atom.
34. A natural fuel (coal, oil, or gas) formed in the geological past from the remains of living organisms.
35. Any significant change in measures of climate, such as temperature lasting for an extended period of a decade or longer.
36. Items that can easily degrade by natural processes
37. Fossil Fuels (choose ALL that apply)
38. The fossil fuel that most likely provides the electricity for your tablets is _____.
39. The solid form of fossil fuels is _______.
40. All of the following are considered alternative energy sources EXCEPT –
41. Which energy source has the least negative environmental impact?
42. Energy produced by burning organic matter such as wood, food scraps, and animal matter is called______________ energy.
43. Thermal energy from Earth's interior is called____________ energy
44. Coal, gas, and petroleum are all examples of...
45. Solar energy is energy from the _____________.
46. Renewable energy resources produce less_____________ than fossil fuels.
48. Which of the following is NOT one of the disadvantages of water impoundment?
49. Which of the following is a disadvantage of solar energy?
50. According to the second law of thermodynamics, whenever one form of energy is transformed into another,
Enjoyed the Quiz. Share this with friends