Following are some of the multiple choice questions on the Railway Engineering with answers that will help the students in developing their knowledge.
Railway Engineering MCQ
2. The rail is designated by its
4. The main function of a fish plate is
5. One degree of curve is equivalent to
6. Rails are fixed on steel sleepers
7. The runway orientation is made so that landing and take off are
8. Pandrol clips cannot be used with
9. Rail section is generally designated by its
10. Metal sleepers are superior to wooden sleepers with respect to
11. Standard size of wooden sleeper for Broad Gauge track is
12. What is Permanent way?
13. Effective length of a runway is the distance between
14. Composite sleeper index determines
15. The height of the rail for 52 kg rail section is
16. The type of bearing plate used in all joints and on curves to give better bearing area to the rails is
17. What does ORR stand for?
18. Bending of rail ends due to loose packing under a joint and loose fish Bolts, is known
19. A Broad Gauge branch line takes off as a contrary flexure from a main line If the superelevation required for branch line is 10 mm and cant deficiency is 75 mm, the superelevation to be actually provided on the branch line will be
20. Minimum composite sleeper index pres-cried on Indian Railways for a track sleeper is
21. The cross-sectional area of 52 kg flat footed rail is
22. Switch angle depends oni) heel divergenceii) length of tongue railiii) flangeway clearanceiv) throw of switchThe correct answer is
23. The reception signal isi) outer signalii) home signaliii) starteriv) advanced starter The correct answer is
24. In a scissors cross-over, the crossings provided arei) 2 obtuse angle crossingsii) 4 obtuse angle crossingsiii) 4 acute angle crossingsiv) 6 acute angle crossings The correct answer is
25. Which of the following factors govern the choice of the gauge ?i) volume and nature of trafficii) speed of trainiii) physical features of the countryThe correct answer is
26. The formation width for a railway track depends on thei) type of gaugeii) number of tracks to be laid side by sideiii) slope of sides of embankment or cutting The correct answer is
27. Study the following statements regarding creep.i) Creep is greater on curves than on tangent railway track,ii) Creep in new rails is more than that in old rails,iii) Creep is more on steep gradients than on level track. The correct answer is
28. How many TOC's are there?
29. 1. When was the health and safety act introduced?
30. 1. Which of the following is a FOC?
31. A test used to determine modulus of subgrade is called:
32. The FAA classification of the airport is based on:
33. Length of transition curve is calculate based on
34. If the ruling gradient is 1 in 250 on a particular sectionof B.G & at the same time a curve of 4 degree is situated on this ruling gradient, what should be the allowable ruling gradient?
35. The standard width of ballast for B.G. Track in Indian Railways is kept
36. The grade compensation on B.G. tracks on Indian Railways is
37. The rails get out of their original positions due to insufficient expansion gap. This phenomenon is known
38. The main advantage of a cement concrete sleeper, is :
39. If sleeper density is M + 7 for 13 m rails, the minimum depth of ballast under wooden sleepers (25 cm x 13 cm), is
40. The gradient on which an additional engine is required to negotiate the gradient, is called
41. How many number of sleepers are required in 800 km of B.G. track if expression of sleeper density is n+8
42. Rail joint supported on a single sleeper, is known
43. Width of the top portion of a flat footed, rail, is
44. The .................plates are used to join one rail to other rail
45. AMG track has a sleeper density of n+6 if the track is laid with rails of 15m length. find the number of sleepers under one rail length
46. Gauge length(m) of B.G. is:
47. In context of railway engineering, Fish Plate is
48. Gauge length(m) of N.G. is:
49. Requirements of Ideal P-Way
50. Factors affecting selection of gauge are:
Enjoyed the Quiz. Share this with friends