Following are some of the multiple choice questions on the Radio Receivers with answers that will help the students in developing their knowledge.
Radio Receivers MCQ
1. True or False: Repeaters are used to extend the effective range on communication
2. Which of the following uses radio waves?
3. What is the frequency of a radio wave?
5. What must radio waves move around? Select the best answer
6. Are radio waves electromagnetic waves
7. Which of the following is the SI unit for frequency?
8. Maximum power transfer occurs when the generator impedance Zi is equal to the load impedance Zl
9. The maximum power of typical transistor RF power amplifiers is in what range?
10. What are the properties of a radio wave?
11. What are radio waves used for on earth?
12. Can radio waves damage your DNA and even lead to cancer?
13. Which of the following materials allows the flow of radio waves?
14. Which of the following is the frequency range of radio waves?
15. In which of the following means is radio waves generated and detected?
16. Which of the following is not a benefit of speech-processing circuits?
17. In a speech-processing circuit, a low-pass filter prevents
18. The Radio Act of 1927 set up the ________ to regulate the airwaves and grant licenses to broadcasters who serve a public interest.
19. Who first produced radio waves through an oscillator in 1887, which included two coils of wire & transmitting radio waves from one coil to the other?
20. The following are known scientists. Who among them first predicted that radio waves existed
21. Based on the electromagnetic spectrum, which of the following do radio waves have?
22. Janus has to research and give a presentation to his class on among the different types of electromagnetic waves. Which of the following would be impossible for him to work on?
23. Radio waves use ultra-high frequency band to deliver which of the following?
24. Who is the first person to prove that radio waves exist?
25. What does GPS tell you?
26. What is the correct way a cell phone call goes out?
27. Which waves can reach great distances (Waves go into atmosphere and reflect back to Earth so that can move around the curvature of Earth)?
28. In AM waves what remains constant?
29. Which waves pass through the atmosphere and they are not reflected back toward Earth?
30. What is orbiting Earth that receive radio, television, and telephone signals and then transmit them around the world?
31. What is faster the speed of light or the speed of sound?
32. What are crests and troughs of a standing wave?
33. What are points on a standing wave where the amplitude of the wave is zero?
34. How can cell phones make long distance calls?
35. What types of waves do cell phones use?
36. How do FM waves travel?
37. What relays signals it receives from Earth back to other receivers?
38. What waves carry information to your TV and radio ?
39. It is an intense burst of radio-frequency energy lasting for a fraction of a second.
40. Which theory was confirmed by the discovery of Heinrich Hertz?
41. Heinrich Hertz was a famous physicist widely known for his discovery of what?
42. In what part of the transmitter did Hertz see electrical sparks?
43. Which of the following sparks can produce radio waves?
44. Hertz (Hz) is an SI unit for which of the following measurement?
45. True or False: PSAP’s who are close in geographical proximity are usually assigned different frequencies so they can avoid interference
46. What is Radio Interoperability
47. What is Radio Frequency?
48. Which of the following is Mobile Radio
50. History - True or False: The first radio used dots and dashes in certain sequences to send messages
Enjoyed the Quiz. Share this with friends