Following are some of the multiple choice questions on the Prokaryotes with answers that will help the students in developing their knowledge.
1. Which of the following is NOT a characteristic of a Prokaryotic cell?
2. Which statement best describes a prokaryote?
3. One example of a prokaryote is a...
4. Bacteria and Archaea each have which of the following?
5. Which is the most diverse and abundant group of organisms on Earth?
6. Why are cyanobacteria considered to be important?
7. The most common prokaryotic shapes include
8. Reproduction in prokaryotes
9. Most prokaryotes are chemoheterotrophs. This means
10. You have ten times as many ____________ as human cells in your body.
11. Prokaryote habitats classified on the basis of or .
12. When do prokaryotes form spores
13. Most prokaryotes also have long, thin protein structures called______________ which help in movement.
14. A _______________ is a colony of prokaryotes that is stuck to a surface such as a rock or a host’s tissues.
15. The genetic material of prokaryotes is usually a double loop of DNA.
16. What are the two types of cells?
17. Which of the following is not under the Cell Theory?
18. ALL prokaryotes are unicellular, in nature.
19. Which is true of prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells?
20. Which does only eukaryotic cells contain?
21. Which type of organism is an example of a prokaryotic organism?
22. Which statement is not part of the cell theory?
23. Which statement is true about prokaryotes?
24. Which definition of a relationship between bacteria and other organisms is NOT correct?
25. Prokaryotic cells are characterized by
26. To be sure you have sterilized water, you must boil it for a long time in a pressure cooker because
27. Which cell organelle is correctly paired with its function?
28. When a cell in an organism divide and reproduce, the organism can grow. Which cell organelle contains the genetic material for reproduction?
29. Which cell part is usually the largest and most easily seen while observing cells under the microscope?
30. Which is the correct order of the items below if placed from largest to smallest?
31. Which is a characteristic of prokaryotic cells?
32. Which protects most prokaryotic cells from the surrounding environment and provides structural support?
33. A biologist observed an organism found in a soil sample. Which would most likely lead biologists to conclude that the cell was prokaryotic?
34. Which list correctly ranks structures by typical size, from largest to smallest?
eukaryotic cell, prokaryotic cell, virus, gene
eukaryotic cell, gene, virus, prokaryotic cell
prokaryotic cell, eukaryotic cell, virus, gene
virus, gene, prokaryotic cell, eukaryotic cell
35. Which contains a nucleus?
36. What type of cell is a bacteria cell?
37. Which type of cell is an animal cells?
38. Which of the following is an example of the Prokaryotic Cell?
39. What are the 2 main categories of cells?
40. A cell has a nucleus, is complex and large, and has membrane bound organelles. What type of cell is this?
41. Are prokaryotes unicellular or multicellular
42. Which do BOTH prokaryotes and eukaryotes contain?
43. Prokaryotes do NOT have....
44. Which type of cells has a chloroplast?
45. What type of cell has a nucleus?
Enjoyed the Quiz. Share this with friends