Following are some of the multiple choice questions on the Power Systems with answers that will help the students in developing their knowledge.
Power Systems MCQ
1. At what range of speed is the electricity from the wind turbine is generated?
2. When did the development of wind power in India began?
3. List of parts of Power system.
4. The main characteristics of electricity supply are as follows except:
5. Which type of power station deliver full power continuously i.e. 24 hours a day and 365 days a year?
6. Which source of power station suitable for Intermediate-power station?
7. Select THREE types of substation normally used in power system. (Multiple Answer)
8. In distribution, power is distribute into consumer with certain level of voltage. State TWO voltage levels at final destination of distribution.
9. Below is the advantages of grid systems in power system except:
10. In a transmission line system, the feeders act as input to _________
11. One needs to design the distributors, the parameter which will be considered for the design of it?
12. . One would design the feeders of the transmission system based on its ____________
13. Before installing any transmission system, one has to decide about the type of the transmission system to be employed. Considering a monetary shortage and economical setup, one would take up _____________
14. The volume of copper required in a transmission system is proportional to _________
15. Solar cells are made from bulk materials that are cut into wafer of _________ thickness.
16. The amount of photo generated current increases slightly with increase in _________
17. The current produce by the solar cell can be given by _________
18. The region where the electrons and holes diffused across the junction is called ________
19. When the source of light is not sun light then the photo voltaic cell is used as ____________
20. The term photo voltaic comes from ________
21. The rated voltage of a 3 phase power system is given by
22. What percentage of faults occurring is single line to ground fault?
23. Which type of system is generally adopted for the generation and transmission of electrical power?
24. The generating voltage and frequency in India is about?
25. Organic polymer solar cells are made from Polyphenylene.
26. __________ photo voltaic devices in the form of thin films.
27. __________ is one of the most important materials is also known as solar grade silicon.
28. The volt is the units of emf that was named after its inventor _________
29. What type of energy is wind energy?
30. “During the day, the air above the land heats up more quickly than the air over water”.
31. Which country created wind mills?
32. What is the main source for the formation of wind?
33. How much wind power does India hold?
34. How much is the energy available in the winds over the earth surface is estimated to be?
35. In India largest thermal power station is located at
36. Which type of earthing is also called as ‘fire earthing’?
37. What are the types of unsymmetrical faults?
38. Positive, negative and zero sequence impedances of line are 2,2 and 5 pu respectively. Find self and mutual impedances respectively?
39. A transmission line has self and mutual impedances are 0.8 and 0 pu respectively. Find the positive, negative and zero sequence impedances respectively?
40. For symmetrical network, the neutral current is
41. The positive, negative and zero sequence impedances of a transmission line are 0.5,0.5 and 1.1 pu respectively. The self (Zs) and mutual (Zm) impedances of the line will be given by
42. If all the sequence voltages at the fault point in a power system are equal, then the fault point is a
43. The zero sequence current of a generator for line to ground fault is j3 pu. Then the current through the neutral during the fault is
44. Which of the following statement is/are true?Zn
45. Out of the following which one is not a unconventional source of energy ?
46. The amount of energy available in the wind at any instant is proportional to ___ of the wind speed.
47. The draught which a chimney produces is called
48. Artificial draught is produced by
49. The modern steam turbines are
50. Wind energy is harnessed as ______ energy with the help of windmill or turbine.
Enjoyed the Quiz. Share this with friends