Following are some of the multiple choice questions on the Phase Transformation with answers that will help the students in developing their knowledge.
Phase Transformation MCQ
1. All changes in the state of matter of a substance requires a change in
2. Identify the correct order for the voltage transformation for the three-phase transformers.
3. For a star-delta three phase transformer, if the transformation ratio is ‘x:1’, then how much percent of output will be?
4. For a delta-star three phase transformer, if the transformation ratio is ‘x:1’, then how much percent of output will be improved?
5. In three phase supply, the voltage phases are displaced by ________ and in two phase by ___________
6. Operating transformers in parallel gives the advantage of ___________
7. Two single phase transformers A and B are operating in parallel having same impedance. But the x/r ratio of them are not equal and xa > xb. Then?
8. Two single phase transformers A and B are operating in parallel having same impedance. But the x/r ratio of them are not equal. Then total kVA output of the output will be ___________
9. Which of the following is the correct matching made for the harmonics and the associated harmonic component?A. Positive sequence components - 5th harmonic componentB. Negative sequence components - 7th harmonic componentC. Zero sequence components - 3rd harmonic component
10. Which if the conditions is must be fulfilled for satisfactory parallel operation of transformers?
11. A 2000/1000/500 three winding transformer is to be used as auto transformer with supply of 3000 V. Two loads of 1050 kVA at 3500V and other one at 180 kVA at 1000V. The total kVA supplied will be?
12. Transformer operating in parallel will share a common load in the best possible manner if ____________
13. What is the phase change of a solid to a liquid?
14. What is it called when a solid turns directly into a gas?
15. Change from gas to liquid...
16. Change from Liquid to Solid is call......
18. Change from liquid to gas is called....
19. During a phase change what happens to temperature?
22. Change from Gas to Solid is called........
24. The ammonia synthesis reaction represented by N₂ + 3H₂ ⇋ 2NH₃ ; ΔH = - 22.4 kcal, is
25. If an ideal solution is formed by mixing two pure liquids in any proportion, then the __________ of mixing is zero.
26. Henry's law is closely obeyed by a gas, when its __________ is extremely high.
27. Sublimation temperature of dry ice (solid CO₂) is __________ °C.
28. The equation relating E, P, V and T which is true for all substanes under all conditions is given by (∂E/∂V)T = T.(∂P/∂T)H - P . This equation is called the
29. Which of the following is a shortcoming for using parallel connected transformers?I. Reliable loadingII. Increased capacity of power systemIII. Reducing the capacity of substation
Enjoyed the Quiz. Share this with friends