Following are some of the multiple choice questions on the Muscular Dystrophy with answers that will help the students in developing their knowledge.
Muscular Dystrophy MCQ
1. Every muscle is its own organ with its own blood vessels, nerves, and connective tissues.
TRUE OR FALSE:
2. ... can help slow progression.
3. Which of the following is NOT a type of muscle tissue?
4. Proteins are made through a process called ________ (choose the best possible answer)
5. What is the average life expectancy for these people?!?!?
6. What system does this disease mainly affect
7. Who does this disease come from
8. Does men or women most?
9. Where are the thin filaments and elastic filaments anchored?
11. What is Muscular Dystrophy?
12. Which of the following is not a characteristic of muscles?
13. Why is the muscle red?
14. This is a hereditary disease where the muscles degenerate and are replaced by fat and scar tissue.
15. This disorder is characterized by a shortening of the muscle, not caused by nervous stimulation.
16. Area where the thick filaments are linked
17. Area where the thick and thin filaments overlap
18. Area where there's only thin filaments
19. Area where there's only thick filaments
20. About 17% of female carriers have some demonstrable muscle weakness
21. Most patients with Muscular Dystrophy become immobile before the age 13 years and usually die before 25 years
22. What is a treatment for Muscular Dystrophy?
23. What is the name of the gene causing this disorder
24. What is a common symptom?
25. Is it a Gene or Chromosome disorder?
26. Which of the following are characteristics of skeletal muscles?
27. What do you call a skeletal muscle cell?
28. Which part of the myofiber stores ?
29. The thick filament is made up of what protein?
30. The thin filament is made up of what protein?
31. What binds to the troponin?
32. Muscular dystrophy is genetic.
33. How many different types of MD are there?
34. People with MD lose...
35. Are Duchenne and Becker the most common Muscular Dystrophies?
36. What is not the goal for management of inherited neuromuscular diseases?
37. DNa analysis in Muscular Dystrophy demonstrates a deletion or duplication in the dystrophin gene
38. The characteristic findings of dystrophic on muscle biopsy are
39. What proportion of males with Muscular Dystrophy have a deletion mutation of the dystrophin gene?
Enjoyed the Quiz. Share this with friends