Following are some of the multiple choice questions on the
Microprocessor with answers that will help the students in developing their knowledge. Microprocessor MCQ
2. The five flags in 8085 are designated as
Z, CY, S, P and AC
D, Z, S, P, AC
Z, C, S, P, AC
Z, CY, S, D, AC
3. The minimum number of transistors required to implement a two input AND gate is
4. IC 7485 cannot be cascadeD.
5. Using DeMorgan’s Theorem we can convert any AND-OR structure into
6. If m is a power of 2, the number of select lines required for an m-input mux is:
7. Which memory has read operation, byte erase, byte write and chip erase?
8. The character set of Fortran 77 includes lower case alphabets a to z.
9. Each instruction in assembly language program has the following fields:Lable fieldMnemonic fieldOperand fieldComment fieldThe correct sequence of these fields is?
1, 2, 3, 4
1, 2, 4, 3
2, 1, 3, 4
2, 1, 4, 3
10. If the number of address bits in a memory is reduced by 2 and the addressability is doubled, the size of the memory (i.e., the number of bits stored in the memory)
11. Assertion (A): Negative values of incremental operator in DO loop are allowed in Fortran 77 but not in earlier versions of Fortran. Reason (R): Fortran 77 has better array facilities than earlier versions of Fortran.
12. Circuit A is a 1-bit adder; circuit B is a 1 bit multiplier.[Hint: Construct the truth table for the adder and the multiplier]
13. When .9432 E – 4 is subtracted from .5452 E – 3 in normalized floating point mode
14. In 8085, the pins for SID and SOD are
15. An I/O processor controls the flow of information between
16. Of the following circuits, the one which involves storage is
17. MS Access is a DBMS software.
18. In Fortran 77 a variable name can contain special characters.
19. It is possible to copy a file in the same directory.
20. In a computer the data transfer between hard disk and CPU is nearly the same as that between diskette and CPU.
21. An e-mail message can be sent to many recipients.
22. For the number A[15:0] = 0110110010001111, A[14:13] is ______ A[3:2].
23. Internet is a worldwide network of computers where most of the information is freely available.
24. Because we wish to allow each ASCII code to occupy one location in memory, most memories are __________ addressable.
25. We say that a set of gates is logically complete if we can build any circuit without using any other kind of gates. Which of the following sets are logically complete
26. Assertion (A): Each memory chip has its own address latch. Reason (R): ALE signal comes out of microprocessor 8085 and goes to memory chip.
27. For a memory with a 16-bit address space, the addressability is
28. When the write enable input is not asserted, the gated D latch _________ its output.
29. In a C expression using assignment operators, relational operators and arithmetic operators, the hierarchy of operations (in the absence of parenthesis) is
30. ‘Burst refresh’ in DRAM is also called
31. In 8086 the number of bytes which can be addressed directly is about
32. Which of the following is not treated as hexadecimal constant by assembler in 8085?
33. Which of the following pair of gates can form a latch?
35. A 37 bit mantissa has an accuracy of
36. Which of the following is not a general purpose peripheral?
37. In one’s complement 8 bit representation 11111111 represents
38. The number of interrupt lines in 8085 is
39. Which of the following is type declaration statement in C?
40. A structure that stores a number of bits taken “together as a unit” is a
41. The timing difference between a slow memory and fast processor can be resolved if
42. Which of the following is a valid integer constant?
43. Which of the following conditions is not allowed in an RS latch?
44. The forms of IF statements in FORTRAN 77 are called
45. In C the keywords are also called
46. The operating modes of 8255 A are called
47. If the sign bit of mantissa is 0 and the exponent is increased from a positive to a more negative number the result is
48. In 8085 which addressing mode is also called inherent addressing?
49. A real number consists of
Enjoyed the Quiz. Share this with friends