Following are some of the multiple choice questions on the Microbiology with answers that will help the students in developing their knowledge.
1. Gram positive bacteria
2. Which disease is caused by bacteria?
3. Microbiology is the study of
4. Gram staining is an example of
5. Which of these is responsible for catalyzing the formation of an rna primer?
6. How do viruses reproduce
9. The bacterium that is most commonly used in genetic engineering is
10. What is ring worm caused by?
12. In electron microscope, what material is used as an objective lens?
13. What is the backbone of DNA made of?
14. Aeromicrobiology refers to
15. Why is Taq used in PCR?
16. What is RFLP used for?
17. How large are viruses ?
18. What types of cells can Viruses infect
19. Organisms referred to by both genus and specific epithet are both either:
21. TRUE/ FALSE:Fungi are considered to be prokaryotes.
22. TRUE/ FALSE:Bacteria use appendages such as flagella to move around.
23. True/ False:Bacteria do NOT have a cell wall.
24. Which of these can be referred to as being "strepto-" in terms of bacterial arrangement?** Check ALL that apply **
25. ___________ is the scientist who invented the system of nomenclature for microbes in use today.
26. Check all that apply:These are the major group of microbes
27. A tapeworm lives in the intestines of its host. Which example best describes the relationship between the tapeworm and its host?
28. Microorganism that reproduces in the cells of other living things.
29. Organism that must live in another living thing in order to survive.
30. An organism that lives on or in a host, and causes it harm while it takes its nutrients is called
32. Immunology is the study of...
33. Phycology is the study of...
34. Mycology is the study of....
35. When a virus invades a living cell, its _______takes over the cell's functions.
36. _______________ are classified by their shape.
37. Regarding exotoxins, which of the following is incorrect:
38. Which mechanism(s) allow microbes to avoid host defenses?
39. The most common way(s) for microbes to breach anatomical barriers are through:
40. ___________ indicates viral particles are circulating in the bloodstream.
41. The duration of symptoms for Tuberculosis (TB) can be described as:
42. Normal Microbiota is not beneficial.
44. Although many individuals contributed, Louis Pasteur is often given credit for formation of which theory?
45. In what year did the World Health Organization declare the eradication of smallpox?
46. Which of the following modes of transmission were discussed in class?
47. This companies headquarters is located in Geneva, Switzerland.
48. Microbes can be beneficial in the field of biotechnology.
49. Any disorder that produces symptoms in specific locations that aren't a result of physical injury defines which term?
50. This individual determined the causative agent of cholera.
Enjoyed the Quiz. Share this with friends