Following are some of the multiple choice questions on the Microbiology with answers that will help the students in developing their knowledge.
1. Gram positive bacteria
2. Which disease is caused by bacteria?
3. Microbiology is the study of
4. Gram staining is an example of
6. How do viruses reproduce
8. The bacterium that is most commonly used in genetic engineering is
9. What is ring worm caused by?
11. What is the backbone of DNA made of?
12. What is RFLP used for?
13. Why is Taq used in PCR?
14. What types of cells can Viruses infect
15. How large are viruses ?
16. What is the main purpose of the immune system?
17. The most common way(s) for microbes to breach anatomical barriers are through:
18. What is RT-PCR used for?
19. What advantage does the MALDI-TOF provide?
20. What testing principle is utilized by the MALDI-TOF?
21. In gel electrophoresis, what separates the DNA fragments?
22. _____is a prokaryotic microorganisms.
23. To differentiate between Gram positive and Gram negative bacteria _____________________ procedure will be used.
24. A Gram negative cell wall is __________ than a Gram positive one.
25. ________________ is ability to produce disease in host organism.
26. Endotoxin is extremely potent than exotoxin.
27. Bacteria endopsore usually occur in Gram positive bacteria.
28. The space between the cytoplasmic membrane and the outer membrane is called the periplasm.
29. Prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells have many differences, but they also share some common features. Which of the following may be found in either type of cell?
30. Any organism in which the parasite obtains its nutrition.
31. This individual gave the first vaccine to 8 year old James Phipps.
32. The ______________ street pump was identified as the source for the cholera outbreak in London.
33. This individual determined the causative agent of cholera.
34. Microbes can be beneficial in the field of biotechnology.
35. Any disorder that produces symptoms in specific locations that aren't a result of physical injury defines which term?
36. This companies headquarters is located in Geneva, Switzerland.
37. Which of the following modes of transmission were discussed in class?
38. In what year did the World Health Organization declare the eradication of smallpox?
39. Prokaryotes lack:Check ALL that apply
40. Organism that must live in another living thing in order to survive.
41. Microorganism that reproduces in the cells of other living things.
42. A tapeworm lives in the intestines of its host. Which example best describes the relationship between the tapeworm and its host?
43. Check all that apply:These are the major group of microbes
44. ___________ is the scientist who invented the system of nomenclature for microbes in use today.
45. Organisms referred to by both genus and specific epithet are both either:*** Select all that apply
46. Which of these can be referred to as being "strepto-" in terms of bacterial arrangement?** Check ALL that apply **
47. TRUE/ FALSE:Fungi are considered to be prokaryotes.
48. TRUE/ FALSE:Bacteria use appendages such as flagella to move around.
49. True/ False:Bacteria do NOT have a cell wall.
50. An organism that lives on or in a host, and causes it harm while it takes its nutrients is called
Enjoyed the Quiz. Share this with friends