Metrology Engineering is the science of measuring and inspecting. It deals with the design and development of measurement systems, as well as the analysis of measurement data. In other words, metrology engineers make sure that everything is accurately measured so that products can be made to spec and defects can be detected and corrected. If you're interested in a career in metrology engineering, read on for more information!
Metrology engineers use a variety of tools and techniques to measure everything from the thickness of a sheet of paper to the diameter of a pipe. They also develop new measurement methods and devices, as well as improve existing ones. In addition, metrology engineers often work with computer software to create models of measurements or objects being measured. This helps them to better understand the measurement process and to find ways to improve it.
Metrology engineering is a vital field, as accurate measurements are essential in many industries, from manufacturing to construction. Without metrology engineers, it would be very difficult to produce high-quality products or build structures that meet safety standards. If you're interested in a career in metrology engineering, be sure to check out our metrology engineering program!
Following are some of the multiple choice questions on the Metrology Engineering with answers that will help the students in developing their knowledge.
Metrology Engineering MCQ
1. What is the advantage of mechanical comparator over others?
2. SI system is built on arbitrarily selected units called _____
4. Karakteristik alat ukur secara umum, kecuali
5. Karakteristik alat ukur secara umum
7. Metro logy is a branch of science which deals with ___.
8. What is the main purpose of Wringing of slip gauges?
9. The study of scientific metrology deals with
10. In a measurement system,
11. Random errors in a measurement system are due to
12. If the instrument is used in wrong manner while application, then it will results in
13. Which of the following is not correct about wavelength standard?
14. Which of the following error is not a systematic error?
15. The desirable static characteristics of a measuring system are
16. From which category, sigma comparator belongs?
17. Which of the following is a characteristic of End standard?
18. In which of the following length standards, parallax error is observed?
19. Which of the following causes is/are responsible for systematic errors?
20. Sine bar is used to measure an angle upto.......... degrees.
21. It is the susceptibility of a measurement device to have its indicators converted into meaningful numbers.
22. Has to ensure the adequate function of measurement instruments used in industry as well as production and testing process.
23. What is bilateral tolerance?
24. Dimension 100 H7 indicates
25. In the Standard IS 919 of limits & Fits; there are _______ number of fundamental deviations.
26. The maximum and minimum limit of size for the dimension 100 ± 0.50 mm is
27. _________ refers to the closeness of 2 or more measurements to each other.
28. Why study Limit system? Which below statement does not reason the purpose of studying limit system
29. Which is not a type of tolerance?
30. _________ refers to the closeness of a measured value to a standard Value
31. In the below options, which correlates to the definition of limits?
32. In Limits, Fits and Engineering tolerances; What is expansion of the acronym MMC?
33. If the tolerance is allowed on both side of the basic size it is called _____________ tolerance.
34. If the tolerance is allowed on one side of the basic size it is called _____________ tolerance.
35. The maximum and minimum permissible sizes within which the actual size of a component lies are called ___________.
36. Which instrument measures liquid precipitation?
37. Which instrument measures temperature?
38. Which instrument measures air pressure?
39. The _____________ the isobars on a map are to/from one another the ___________ the wind.
40. Which of the following is not data represented on a weather map?
41. What are lines on a weather map connecting points of equal pressure?
42. What are lines on a weather map connecting points of equal temperature?
43. BASE UNIT ONE EXAMPLE
44. These are units of combination of two or more quantities
45. What is the expansion of SI
46. The chosen reference standard is called ______
47. ............used for checking internal thread
48. Taper gauges also called as..............?
49. .......... is used for checking internal threads?
50. If the gauge is an exact copy of mating part of the component to be checked, it is called...........?
Enjoyed the Quiz. Share this with friends