Following are some of the multiple choice questions on the Machine Drawing with answers that will help the students in developing their knowledge.
Machine Drawing MCQ
2. What is an Electrical Generator
3. What does CAD stand for?
4. Define orthographic projection?
6. What is the main goal of the design process?
7. Why is the stator core of Alternator laminated?
8. What is the First Step of the Engineering Design Process
9. What is the purpose of a title block?
10. In Vickers hardness testing, the pyramid indentor apex is...
11. The term _____ describes a series of jobs built on a foundation of interest, knowledge, training, and experience.
12. Self-motivation and the ability to make good business decisions are most important to _____.
13. What is a positive aspect of self-employment?
14. A specialized system for drafting in which a computer and specialized software replace board-drafting instruments is known as _____.
15. A Half-moon protractor is divided into how many degrees?
16. The introduction of _____ has radically changed the drafting profession.
17. Electric motors are devices that convert _____ energy into _____ energy.
18. CAD can be used in which of the following engineering fields? Select all that apply.
19. True or False: SnapCAD can be used with any robot system?
20. What does the parts tree allow you to do? Select all that apply.
21. What is a proof of concept (POC)?
22. The helix angle for double helical gears may be made up to...........
23. Flywheels are used in punching and shear operation.
24. The steel widely used for motor car crankshafts is.....
25. A column of length L is fixed at both ends. The equivalent length of the column is....
26. The notch sensitivity q is expressed in terms of fatigue stress concentration factor 'Kf' and theoretical stress concentration factor 'Kt' as ...
27. If the centre distance of the mating gears having involute teeth is varied limits the velocity ratio...
28. Guest's theory is used for....
29. Rankine Gordon formula for buckling is valid for...
30. In the levers of third type, the mechanical advantage is ________ one.
31. A screw will be self locking, if....
32. Surface endurance limit of gear material is dependent upon its...
33. The size of a gear is usually specified by...
34. Generators get their mechanical power from
35. Which of the following the magnetic field current is supplied by a separate DC power source,
36. Which of the following the magnetic field current is supplied by a magnetic induction (transformer action) into their field windings
37. At what speed three-phase cylindrical two-pole synchronous alternator rotates when connected to a 50 Hz infinite busbar system?
38. What is load condition for Ea = Vphase in synchronous generator?
39. As the number of pole increase the synchronous speed
40. In a star-delta starter, The starting torque as the connection is star will be ___________ times that it will be for delta connected winding.
41. A simple machine that allows you to test your design.
42. You begin to create a prototype of your design only to find that your solution isn't working at all. What should you do?
43. You try, you failyou try, you failyou try, you failIt's OK if you fail as long as you keep doing this step in the engineering design process...
44. This diagram is an example of what step in the engineering design process?
45. Anthony makes a paper bridge between two stacks of books. It collapses when he pushes a toy car across it. Which material would NOT help him improve the bridge?
46. What two forces are required for generators and electric motors to work?
47. During which step of the Design Process do you experiment with the prototype under controlled conditions and collect /record data?
48. An engineer has designed and built a prototype to improve the brake system of a car. What is the next step that the engineer should take in the process?
49. When finding the solution to an engineering problem, there is/are usually
50. Generators are devices that convert _____ energy into _____ energy.
Enjoyed the Quiz. Share this with friends