Following are some of the multiple choice questions on the Life processes with answers that will help the students in developing their knowledge.
Life processes MCQ
1. Instrument used to measure blood pressure is
2. Roots of the plants absorb water from the soil through the process of:
3. Name a circulatory fluid in the human body other than blood.
4. Which of the following help in protecting the inner lining of the stomach from the harmful effect of hydrochloric acid?
5. Which part of nephron allows the selective re absorption of useful substances like glucose, amino acids, salts and water into the blood capillaries?
6. The procedure used for cleaning the blood of a person by separating urea from it is called:
7. Pyruvic acid is converted to lactic acid in the --------of muscle cells
8. The mode of nutrition in Cuscuta
9. Which is the first enzyme to mix with food in the digestive tract?
10. Movement of the synthesized products from the leaves to the roots and other parts of a plant’s body takes place through the phloem. This process is known as:
11. In CAM plants CO2 is stored in the form of _________ in the vacuoles.
12. The valve present between right atrium and right ventricle.
13. It is the site of gaseous exchange in human lungs.
14. In unicellular organisms like amoeba gaseous exchange takes place through the process of ____________.
15. _______________ is the final product of glycolysis.
16. Glycolysis takes place in the __________ of the cell.
17. The substance in plants and animals that act as an energy currency.
18. Chloroplasts are present in the ___________ of the leaf.
19. A blood vessel which carries blood back to heart is
20. The digestive juice produced by stomach contains
21. Strongest substance present in our body is
22. Digestion starts from
23. Saliva contains the enzyme named:
24. Teeth are covered with a thin coating of
25. In the process of respiration __________________________
26. The largest artery in the human body is _________________
27. Pericardium is the protective membrane outside the _________
28. Nitrogenous waste are formed by the breakdown of _______
29. Nephrons pour their excretory products in _____________
30. The blood vessels that carry blood back to the heart is ___________
31. Guard cells are usually ___________________
32. Excess glucose is stored in the form of glycogen in the _____________
33. Amoeba captures its food with the help of _________
34. Kind of nutrition in which the organisms feed on dead and decaying organic matter is ____________
35. Which of the following organisms have single circulation?
36. The only reptile having 4- chambered heart is
37. The color of blood plasma is:
38. Oxygenated blood reaches heart by
39. How many chambers does a frog’s heart have?
40. The only artery which carries deoxygenated blood is:
41. Choose The Function Of The Pancreatic Juice From The Following
42. When Air Is Blown From Mouth Into A Test-Tube Containing Lime Water, The Lime Water Turned Milky Due To The Presence Of
43. Which Part Of Alimentary Canal Receives Bile From The Liver?
44. Which Of The Following Statement Is Or Are Incorrect?
45. Chlorophyll pigment is located in which organelle of a cell?
46. Raw materials used in the autotrophic mode of nutrition is:
48. The green pigment used in photosynthesis is
49. Chlorophyll is mainly located in which part of the plant
50. Chlorophyll has a porphyrin ring with _ _ _ _ _ at the centre.
Enjoyed the Quiz. Share this with friends