Following are some of the multiple choice questions on the Kingdom Fungi with answers that will help the students in developing their knowledge.
Kingdom Fungi MCQ
1. Which of the following features that acts as an important fungal identification and classification in Basidiomycota?
2. What is the similarity between Kingdom Monera, Fungi and Plantae?
3. Which of the following statements about organisms in the kingdom Fungi are TRUE?I. Cell wall mainly made of chitinII. Stores glycogenIII. Some fungi are motileIV. Heterotrophs
4. Which is not true about fungi?
5. What is an example of a fungus?
6. Fungi are like plants in many ways except fungi
7. Which are examples of fungi?
8. A fungus is an organism whose cells have
9. __________ are fungi that that produce the gas that makes bread rise.
10. Fungi cells walls are made of a material called ____.
11. An antibiotic made from a species of thread-like fungus.
12. Which of the following is NOT paired correctly?
13. When fungi reproduce sexually, the offspring fungi are genetically ________________ from the parent fungi.
14. Fungi are reproduced by
15. The organism used in bread, beer and wine production is the
16. The phylum of Mucor sp. is…
17. Fungi can exist asI. saprotrophs II. autotrophs III. parasitesIV. mutualists
18. All statements below are true about Kingdom Fungi except
19. Which of the characteristics is true about Penicillium sp.?
20. Which of the following is the mode of digestion for fungi?
21. Which of the following statements are not the unique characteristics of fungi?
22. Fungi are classified into three common phyla based on their:
23. Which of the following does NOT describe a beneficial use of fungi to humans?
24. Which of the following does NOT describe the purpose of spores in fungi?
25. Parasitic relationship means _______.
26. Saprophytic relationship means _______.
27. Symbiotic relationship means _______.
28. To what domain does Kingdom Fungi belong?
29. Which of the following is NOT a characteristic of Kingdom Fungi?
30. Fungi are made up of filaments known as _________, which allow the fungus to digest substances and absorb nutrients.
31. What is the tangled, underground network of hyphae that makes up the largest portion of a fungus?
32. What is the above-ground, reproductive structure produced by fungi?
33. The cells walls of fungi are made of a chemical compound known as ____________.
34. Which of the following best describes how fungi obtain their nutrition and energy?
35. This term describes a form of asexual reproduction utilized by yeasts in which 2 identical cells are produced.
36. Certain fungi exists in mutualistic relationships with plants, wrapping around the roots of the plant. This increases the surface area of the plant roots and allows them to absorb more nutrients. Fungi in this relationship are known as _____________.
37. What do fungi use to reproduce?
38. Fungi produce spores in ____
39. True or False: Fungi are eukaryotes.
40. The best environment for fungi is... Check all that apply
41. Almost all fungi are:
43. Saprophytic fungi eat:
44. Parasitic fungi feed off of:
45. Fungi do not use roots to anchor to their food source. Instead they use __________.
46. Fungi can be ____. Check all that apply
47. Which of these statement are true of fungi? Check all that apply.
Enjoyed the Quiz. Share this with friends