Following are some of the multiple choice questions on the Kepler's Law with answers that will help the students in developing their knowledge.
Kepler's Law MCQ
2. A year on Jupiter is 4,344 days long. This tells you how long it takes
4. The period of geostationary artificial satellite is
5. Earth's spinning on its axis is called its _____________.
7. Kepler’s third law states
8. When the earth is closest to the sun
10. When a planet orbits the Sun, one of the foci of the elliptical orbit is
11. Planets revolve around the sun in elliptical orbits
12. How fast does the earth revolve around the sun?
13. What is Kepler's 3rd Law?
14. What is his nationality
15. Which planet has the least eccentric orbit?
16. What is Kepler's 2nd Law?
17. What is Kepler's 1st Law?
20. When the distance between two objects increases the gravitational force between them
21. When the mass of the objects increases the gravitational force between them
22. Who proposed Earth centered model?
23. Types of celestial coordinate system
24. What family is he from?
25. What is the second law of Kepler ?
26. What is the third law of Kepler
27. What is the line connecting the sun and planet
29. The accelerations due to gravity on the surfaces of two planets are equal in magnitudes if
30. If r represents the radius of the orbit of a satellite of mass m moving round a planet of mass M the velocity of the satellite is given by
31. What is the reason for the motion of the moon on its orbit?
32. What is the correct formula to calculate eccentricity?
33. The factors that can determine the force between two objects include all of the following except
34. Where are the focal points located in a perfect circle?
35. What will result in the most eccentric elliptical orbit
36. What is the name of the backward motion of planets that cannot be explained by the geocentric model?
37. Which model of the solar system can explain all observations
38. What is it called when earth reaches the point in orbit when it is farthest from the sun?
39. Earth will travel fastest in its orbit when
40. Which statement correctly describes when the earth is closest to the sun
41. The planet with the most eccentric orbit is
42. What unit to we usually use to to measure a planet's orbital period?
43. What causes Earth’s year to be shorter than Jupiter’s year?
44. What effect does increasing the distance between an ellipse’s foci have on the shape of an ellipse?
45. How can the position of the sun in earth's orbit be described?
46. Where will an object move at the greatest speed as it orbits the sun?
47. What did Kepler discover about planets and their orbital speed?
48. Double the distance between two objects
49. Double the product of the masses of two objects
50. Which of the following can decrease the gravity between objects?
Enjoyed the Quiz. Share this with friends