Industrial Engineering is the process of making things better. It is the application of scientific and mathematical principles to the design, improvement, and installation of integrated systems for producing goods and services. Industrial engineers work in a variety of industries, including manufacturing, health care, logistics, and construction
It is a branch of engineering that deals with the design, improvement, and installation of systems in industries. Industrial engineers work to make these systems more efficient and effective. They use their knowledge of maths and science to solve problems and improve processes. Industrial engineering is a dynamic field that is always changing and evolving. Industrial engineers must be able to adapt to new technologies and processes. It is a challenging and rewarding field. Industrial engineers make a difference in the world by improving the systems that we use every day. If you are interested in making things better, then industrial engineering may be the field for you.
Industrial engineers typically have a bachelor's degree in industrial engineering, although some have a degree in other engineering disciplines. Industrial engineers who want to pursue a master's degree or Ph.D. can choose from many different programs.
Following are some of the multiple choice questions on the Industrial engineering with answers that will help the students in developing their knowledge.
Industrial engineering MCQ
1. Military type of organisation is known as
2. The simplex method is the basic method for
3. According to MAPI formula, the old machine should be replaced by new one when (Here, CAM = Challenger's Adverse minimum, DAM = Defender's Adverse minimum)
4. The essential condition for the decompression of an activity is that
6. Which one of the following techniques is used for determining allowances in time study?
7. Process layout is employed
8. The value engineering technique in which experts of the same rank assemble for product development is called
9. Travel charts are used to
10. The interchangeability can be achieved by
11. Actual performance of a task is called
12. Which of the following wage incentive plan is applied to all workers?
13. Halsey plan of wage incentive
15. If A is the total items consumed per year, P is the procurement cost per order, and C is the annual inventory carrying cost per item, then the most economic ordering quantity is given by
16. PERT is a project planning and control technique.
17. The most suitableincentive plan for the maintenance section of an industry will be
18. Process layout is also known as
19. For handling materials during manufacture of cement, a __________ is widely used.
20. Linear programming can be applied successfully to
21. The product layout is more amenable to automation than process layout.
23. Queuing theory is associated with
24. Representative time is the average of times recorded by work study man for an operation.
25. Which of the following type of layout is suitable for automobile manufacturing concern?
26. String diagram is used
27. Direct expenses include
28. In big automobile repair shop, for elevating and moving the heavy parts such as complete engine assembly, gear box etc., an overhead crane and a fork lift truck is used.
29. The routing function in a production system design is concerned with
30. Job evaluation is the method of determining the
31. Which of the following wage incentive plan guarantees minimum wage to a worker and bonus is paid for the fixed percentage of time saved?
32. Simplex method is the method used for
34. In A-B-C analysis, which class of items are generally large in number?
35. In order to avoid excessive multiplication of facilities, the layout preferred is
36. A-B-C analysis is used in
38. Which of the following are the guidelines for the construction of a network diagram?
39. In a line organisation
40. If (R) is the base rate guaranteed per hour, (S) is the standard time for the job and (T) is the actual time, then according to Rowan plan, wages for the job will be
41. In CPM, the cost slope is determined by
42. The determination of standard time in a complex job system is best done through
43. A diagram showing the path followed by men and materials while performing a task is known as
44. A device used for lifting or lowering objects suspended from a hook at the end of retractable chains or cable is called
45. The type of organisation preferred for a steel industry, is
46. The chart which gives an estimate about the amount of materials handling between various work stations is known as
47. Linear programming model can be applied to line balancing problem and transportation problem.
48. PERT is an event oriented technique.
49. Line organisation is suitable for a big organisation.
50. Which one of the following chart gives simultaneously information about the progress of work and machine loading?
Enjoyed the Quiz. Share this with friends