Following are some of the multiple choice questions on the Harbour engineering with answers that will help the students in developing their knowledge.
Harbour engineering MCQ
1. Every port is a harbour
2. Location of soundings by range and one angle is done by the surveyor
3. The variation of atmospheric potential is caused due to :
4. The floating mooring does not require
6. For large vessels, the buoys are strengthened by connecting it to a number of anchors having
7. How many components does a harbour comprise of ?
8. The solid parallel platform in a harbour with a berthing facility on one side only is:
9. ____________ is a type of utility based harbour.
11. The distance between two successive wave crests is called _________________.
12. In deep water, each particle of water on the wave surface describes a ______________.
13. The height of the tide when plotted against time gives ___________ shape of the curve
14. The periodic rise and fall of ocean waters is known as ____________
15. ___________ is not the component of harbour.
16. Beam of a vessel means the __________ of vessel
17. Pick up the correct statement from the following:
20. On the sea shore structures, the water wave impact causes
21. Location of soundings by two angles from the shore requires establishing
Enjoyed the Quiz. Share this with friends