Following are some of the multiple choice questions on the Geotechnical engineering with answers that will help the students in developing their knowledge.
Geotechnical engineering MCQ
1. The Tri axial compression test was introduced by __________
2. Which of the following is not an engineering property of soil?
3. If the pore pressure is measured during un-drained stage of the test, the result can be expressed in terms of __________
4. Which of the following is an advantage of using tri axial test?
5. Why consolidation are important engineering parameters in construction?
6. Why consolidation are important engineering parameters in construction?
7. What is the important engineering parameter in shear strength?
8. Who overseered the Step Pyramid of Saqqara?
9. Bishop’s apparatus does not contain which one of the following equipment?
10. The equation for the unconsolidated un drainage strength of clay is __________
11. The unconfined compression test was first designed by _________
12. Which of the following shear test is developed based on drainage conditions?
13. When the Mohr circle is drawn in confined compression test, its radius will be equal to ____________
14. Negative pore pressure in clay or sand is developed due to __________
15. The deviator stress developed in the proving ring, through the applied pressure is equal to are____________
16. Which of the following strength test is commonly used in the laboratory?
17. Which of the following parameter is used to represent unconfined compressive strength at failure?
18. In plastic failure, load corresponding to __________ strain is arbitrarily taken as the failure load.
19. The vertical stress on the solid cylindrical test apparatus is applied by ____________
20. When the sol is in the state of stress, it is said to be in _____________
21. Which of the following outlet is provided at the base of the tri axial test apparatus?
22. Stress condition in the Unconfined compression test represents ____________
23. He designed a modern form of sewer network in central London that took 20 years to build
24. A branch of civil engineering that plans the construction of dams and canals
25. A branch of civil engineering that overseers the work on soil and Earth for structures built on right foundation
26. First person to engineer the lighthouse on Eddystone Rocks in late 17th century?
27. Who is the inventor of the modern form of concrete and what is it made of?
28. What are the ingredients of the concrete made by Ancient Romans?
29. The father of city planning known from Aristotle's "Politics"
30. What is the plan where the layout of the city is based on rectangular blocks and straight streets at 90 degree intersections?
31. Definition of structural engineering
32. What molecule is used to 'glue' the required gene into the plasmid?
33. What is removed from the nucleus of an animal cell during Genetic Engineering?
34. Shearing resistance can be determined in the laboratory by _________ methods.
35. The deviator stress σd is given by __________
36. Pore pressure developed in the tri axial test can be measured by ____________
37. In unconfined compression test the value of σ2 and σ3 is equal to ____________
38. The unconfined compression test is derived from _____________
39. The unconfined compression test is generally applicable to ____________
40. The value of pore pressure parameter, at failure for saturated clay is __________
41. Factor affecting pore pressure parameters is ___________
42. The change in the pore pressure during an un-drained shear can be explained by ___________
43. In an un-drained test on saturated clays, both σ1’ and σ3’ is independent of ____________
44. The un-drained test is carried out on sample of clay, silt, and peat to determine _____________
45. The consolidated-un drained test can be performed in ___________ methods.
46. Which of the following cannot be obtained by using un-drained test?
47. If the reading on the scale of hydrometer is 1.015, the hydrometer reading is
48. According to Stokes law, velocity of a falling sphere in a liquid is:
49. Hydrometer is used for measuring:
50. Final velocity attained by a particle settling in a fluid is called,
Enjoyed the Quiz. Share this with friends