Following are some of the multiple choice questions on the
Geography with answers that will help the students in developing their knowledge. Geography MCQ
1. A southeast asian country with a partly elongated or prorupted shape is
2. Which of the following statements regarding the International Date line are correct? 1. It is a longitude of 180° 2. It is determined by 180° longitude but is not a straight line 3. It is a Greenwich meridian helping in fixing time and date 4. It solves the problem of time and date among the World's nations
3. The shortest day in Australia will be on ________
4. What is the correct sequence of the following in the context of the age of the earth since its origin? 1. Cenozoic 2. Mesozoic 3. Palaeozoic 4. Protozoic
4, 3, 1, 2
3, 4, 2, 1
3, 4, 1, 2
4, 3, 2, 1
5. The process of water getting evaporated from the surface of leaves is known as
6. The heavier silicates named 'Sima' or silica + magnesium are most abundant in the ________
7. The International Dateline deflects to a side to avoid ________
8. The antipodal position of a place located at 35° south and 80° west is
9. Latitudes include 181 lines while longitudes are 360 lines because ________
10. The Mohorovicic (Moho) Discontinuity separates
11. The earth is at the least distance from the sun (Perihelion) on ________
12. Who Invented Universal Standard Time?
13. The position of a planet when it is nearest to the Sun, is called ________
14. How old is Earth, It is decided by which of the following processes?
15. Why are winters more severe in Southern Hemisphere than in the Northern Hemisphere?
16. When the Moon completely covers the Sun, it is known as?
17. How many time zones has the world been divided into?
18. Which of the following pair is CORRECT? I. Prime Meridian - Longitude, II. Tropic of Cancer - Latitude, III. Equator - Latitude
19. Tides in the sea have stored in them ________
20. The revelations of a satellite photograph of the earth are as follows: 1. the Southern hemisphere bulges slightly more than the Northern hemisphere 2. it is slightly pear shaped ellipsoid of rotation 3. the polar axis of the earth is slightly shorter than the equatorial axis 4. the equatorial circumference is about 40,000km Which of the above statements are correct ?
21. At 12 noon of December 21, you observe that you cast no shadow as you stand in bright sunlight. So you must be, somewhere near ________
22. Which one of the following is not the effect of the revolution of the Earth.
23. The latitude of a place expresses its angular position relative to the plane of
24. It is six months long day in the northern polar region and six months long night in the southern polar region because ________
25. What is the name of the maps, natural and manmade, portray the large forms?
26. The International Date Line passes through ________
27. The difference in the duration of day and night increases as one moves from ________
28. The Sun shines vertically on the equator ________
29. Which of these is the longest?
30. The science of drawing map is called
31. The Map showing the speciality of the surface of any area is called as
32. On the 21st June, the day light is seen at the North Pole for ________
33. Latitude and longitude both ________
34. The longest circle which can be drawn on the earth's surface passes through ________
35. Which among the following statments is true regarding International Date Line?
36. Which of the following is the International Date line?
37. Which star is nearest to the Earth?
38. The time of Cairo is 2 hours ahead of Greenwich time Cairo is situated at ________
39. When it is 8 P.M. in Tokyo, what is the time at Panama Canal which is located at 180° W of it?
40. If the earth's direction of rotation is reversed, what would be the IST when it is noon at the International Date Line?
41. If news is broadcast from London at 10:30 AM, at what time it will be heard at Baghdad (45°E)?
42. The sun reaches its maximum angular distance from the equator at the ________
43. Which of these statements are correct? 1. Prime Meridian passes through Greenwich and is at 0° Longitude. 2. International Date Line, on the map appears as a straight line along 180° Longitude. 3. While crossing International Date Line from east to west, one gains a day. 4. Tropic of Cancer lies at Latitude.
44. Insolation heats up the land masses more quickly than the water bodies because ________
45. The position of the sun is annually twice overhead at Singapore because of the ________
46. A radio broadcast from Delhi on Monday at 7.30 p.m. is heard at New York on ________
47. Geostationary orbit is at a height of ________
48. The seasonal contrasts are maximum in ________
49. The earth is at the largest distance from the sun (Apehelion) on ________
Enjoyed the Quiz. Share this with friends