Following are some of the multiple choice questions on the Genetics with answers that will help the students in developing their knowledge.
1. When you cross two parents, each parent is responsible for passing _______ of their two alleles for each individual trait.
2. The heterozygous DOMINANT trait of dimples?
3. Who is considered the "father" of modern genetics?
4. This is the physical appearance of a trait.
5. What is the transmission of traits from parent to offspring?
6. Which characteristic did Malek most likely inherit from his parents?
7. Besides genetics, what other factors are responsible for how you will grow and develop?
8. Who was Gregor Mendel?
9. Y for yellow body is dominant over y for blue body. What alleles would produce yellow bodies?
10. In a punnet square where are the parent alleles written?
11. Which characteristic could be inherited from a parent?
12. The passing of genetic traits from parent to offspring.
13. TT,tt,PP,pp,SS,ss are examples of alleles that are?
14. What type of "square" helps us solve genetic problems?
15. A single cross such as flower color.
16. W=white hairw= non-white hairIf you cross a horse with WW and a horse with ww what fraction of the offspring would be expected to have white hair?
17. Two heterozygous (Tt) tall pea plants are crossed. Which describes their offspring?
18. An allele whose trait only shows up when no dominant allele is present.
19. The genetic characteristics of recessive genes
20. How many chromosomes are in a sex cell?
21. Two brown eyed parents (Bb) have a baby. What is the chance the baby is blue eyed?
22. Characteristic that is inherited; can be either dominant or recessive
23. Magda is a tall, 11 year old drummer. She has a scar on her right cheek. She is good at swimming. Which of her traits did Magda most likely inherit?
24. When two identical alleles for a trait are in an organism, the organism is said to be ____________?
25. Having two different genes for a trait (sometimes called hybrid).
26. When a capital letter is used, what kind of allele is being represented?
27. Having two of the same genes for the trait (sometimes called purebred).
28. The passing of physical characteristics from parent to offspring is __________.
29. Outward appearance of an organism, regardless of its genes.
30. The exact genetic makeup of an organism, such as RR, Tt, PP is its?
31. Sex cells are produced through the process of
32. Where, in the eukaryotic cell, is DNA located?
33. If a mother has the homozygous dominant trait FF, what is her phenotype?
34. A mom with a dominant HOMOZYGOUS gene of a hitchhiker's thumb and a dad with a homozygous recessive gene for a straight thumb. What is the baby's phenotype?
35. A mom with the heterozygous gene for Widows peak and a father with the heterozygous gene for Widows peak: odds their baby HAS a widow's peak?
36. The homozygous recessive trait for no taste of PTC paper
37. Genotype or Phenotype: ff
38. Genotype or Phenotype: Black hair
39. Homozygous or Heterozygous: ff
40. What does heterozygous mean?
41. Incomplete dominance means that the traits are
42. Genotype or Phenotype: Freckles
43. A physical characteristic that can be passed from parent to offspring.
44. If "T" is the allele for tall and "t" is the allele for short, then Tt would produce?
45. Females-XX; MalesXY. A couple has 4 girls. What is the chance the next child will be a boy?
46. "The Great White Shark was 20 feet in length. Phenotype or Genotype?
47. A recessive allele is represented by a ______ letter.
48. Which of the following genotypes is heterozygous?
49. Which of the following genotypes is homozygous dominant?
50. The genotypes AA and Aa always show up as the __________ phenotype.
Enjoyed the Quiz. Share this with friends