Following are some of the multiple choice questions on the
Fluid Mechanics with answers that will help the students in developing their knowledge. Fluid Mechanics MCQ
2. The SI unit of pressure
3. The specific volume of a liquid is the reciprocal of
4. The specific gravity of a liquid has
5. One litre of water occupies a volume of
6. The pressure less than atmospheric pressure is known as
7. What is an ideal fluid?
8. Select the wrong statement
10. Continuity equation deals with the law of conservation of
11. The kinematic viscosity is the
12. What is the unit of measurement for pressure?
13. Which of the following contribute to the reason behind the origin of surface tension?
14. A Newtonian fluid is defined as the fluid which
15. Which one of the following is not a unit of dynamic viscosity?
16. The value of bulk modulus of a fluid is required to determine
17. How can we determine whether the flow is laminar or turbulent?
18. Which device is popularly used for measuring difference of low pressure?
19. The value of the compressibility of an ideal fluid is
20. The value of the viscosity of an ideal fluid is
21. The value of the Bulk Modulus of elasticity for an incompressible fluid is
22. Buoyant force is equal to
23. The flow in a pipe is laminar when Reynold number is
24. Which of the following is NOT a fluid?
25. Which of the following is a fluid?
26. Rise of liquid in a capillary tube is due to
27. Shear stress in a fluid flowing in a round pipe
28. Which of the following is the dimension of kinematic viscosity?
29. Which of the following is the most common pump for pumping either raw sewage or sludge?
30. Purpose of relief valve in a reciprocating pump is to
31. Reciprocating pumps compared to centrifugal pumps
32. Helium balloons rise on earth because
33. What is the measuring unit for mass?
34. Which units of measurement are used for volume?
35. Put the liquids in order from most dense to least dense?
4, 3, 2, 1
1, 2, 3, 4
3, 4, 2, 1,
4, 3, 1, 2
36. What units are used to measure Density?
37. Which of the following is NOT an example of laminar flow?
38. What is the principle of flotation?
39. Cavitation in a centrifugal pump can be avoided by keeping the
40. Cavitation in a centrifugal pump results from
41. What is the greatest benefit of using hydraulics?
42. What is the pressure in the hydraulic fluid?
43. Function of air vessel provided in a reciprocating pump is to
44. How does a liquid differ from a gas?
45. The device used to measure the fluid pressure is _____________
46. The velocity components in x ,y and z directions of a velocity potential function is given by,
47. An object weighing 500 Newtons on land is placed in water. It then weighs 450 Newtons. What is the buoyant force?
48. An object will NOT sink if its weight is ______ ______ _____ ______ ______ the buoyant force.
49. A system that multiplies force by transmitting pressure from a small surface area through a confined fluid to a larger surface area.
50. Applying a pressure drop across a capillary results in a volumetric flow rate 'Q' under laminar flow conditions. The flow rate for the same pressure drop, in a capillary of the same length but half the radius is
Enjoyed the Quiz. Share this with friends