Following are some of the multiple choice questions on the Fluid Mechanics with answers that will help the students in developing their knowledge.
Fluid Mechanics MCQ
2. The SI unit of pressure
3. The specific gravity of a liquid has
4. The specific volume of a liquid is the reciprocal of
5. One litre of water occupies a volume of
7. The pressure less than atmospheric pressure is known as
8. What is an ideal fluid?
9. Select the wrong statement
10. Continuity equation deals with the law of conservation of
11. The kinematic viscosity is the
12. What is the unit of measurement for pressure?
13. Which one of the following is not a unit of dynamic viscosity?
14. The value of bulk modulus of a fluid is required to determine
15. The value of the compressibility of an ideal fluid is
16. How can we determine whether the flow is laminar or turbulent?
17. Which device is popularly used for measuring difference of low pressure?
18. The value of the viscosity of an ideal fluid is
19. The value of the Bulk Modulus of elasticity for an incompressible fluid is
20. Buoyant force is equal to
21. Which of the following is NOT a fluid?
22. The flow in a pipe is laminar when Reynold number is
23. Which of the following is a fluid?
24. A Newtonian fluid is defined as the fluid which
25. Rise of liquid in a capillary tube is due to
26. Shear stress in a fluid flowing in a round pipe
27. If there is bucket full of oil and bucket full of water and you are asked to lift them, which one of the two will require more effort given that volume of buckets remains same?
28. Which of the following quantities has the dimensions [M0 L0 T 0]
29. If a person studies about a fluid which is at rest, what will you call his domain of study?
30. Which one of the following is the wrong statement about capillarity?Magnitudes depends upon
31. The velocity vector in a fluid flow is given by, V=4x3i-10x2yj+2tk.Find the velocity vector of a fluid particle at (2,1,3) at t=1
32. Which of the following contribute to the reason behind the origin of surface tension?
33. The coefficient of discharge for an external mouthpiece depends upon
34. While starting a centrifugal pump, its delivery valve should be kept
35. Priming of a centrifugal pump is done to
36. The shear stress at a point in a liquid is found to be 0.03 N/m2. The velocity gradient at the point is 0.15 s-1. What will be its viscosity (in Poise)?
37. Which of the following is the dimension of kinematic viscosity?
38. Water is flowing through a pipe of 5cm diameter under a pressure of 29.43N/cm2 (gauge) with mean velocity of 2m/s. Find the pressure head and kinetic head per unit weight of water at a cross section.
39. The rate of change of velocity due to change of position of fluid particles in a fluid flow is called as
40. A stream function is given by Ψ=5x-6y, Calculate the velocity components u and v in units/sec?
41. Which of the following is the most common pump for pumping either raw sewage or sludge?
42. Purpose of relief valve in a reciprocating pump is to
43. Reciprocating pumps compared to centrifugal pumps
44. How does a liquid differ from a gas?
45. Which of the following is NOT an example of laminar flow?
46. Helium balloons rise on earth because
47. What is the measuring unit for mass?
48. Which units of measurement are used for volume?
49. What units are used to measure Density?
50. Function of air vessel provided in a reciprocating pump is to
Enjoyed the Quiz. Share this with friends