Following are some of the multiple choice questions on the Energy and Power with answers that will help the students in developing their knowledge.
Energy and Power MCQ
1. Energy ___________________ drives our energy world.
2. Which of the following is NOT an example of a non-renewable energy source?
3. Stored energy in the form of position or condition.
4. Energy in the form of motion.
5. The ability to do work or cause change:
6. What is the unit of energy that electrical companies use?
7. Is the amount of energy being transferred over a period of time.
8. Which situation is work not done?
9. What is the unit of measurement for power?
10. Where is the kinetic energy of pendulum at its highest?
11. The SI Unit for Energy is
12. What is the difference between calculating power and work?
13. A worker climbs a ladder and does 8 J of work on a 2 N object. What is the distance they lift the object?
14. The first hydroelectric plant was set up at
15. Petroleum occurs in this type of rocks
16. Breeding and rearing of fish for food
19. Hydroelectric project on river Satluj
20. Wind mills are installed in aresa with
21. Large concave reflectors are used in
22. Solar power generator are used for
24. As a candle burns, the chemical energy stored in the wax is transferred into
25. Which of the following activities involves work?I Pulling a coconut treeII Stretching a springIII Jumping on the spotIV Leaning against a wall
26. Which form of energy is being converted to electrical energy by the batteries in a flashlight?
27. Which energy source is renewable?
28. Energy of motion is called
29. Which factor contributes to global warming?
30. The Law of Conservation of Energy states that energy cannot be created or destroyed, but energy can change
31. Which form of energy is produced when a rubber band vibrates?
32. The unit for power is
33. All the following activities produce the same amount of work done EXCEPT
34. As a rubber band is snapping back, it has what kind of energy?
35. Which form of energy is almost always produced during energy transformations?
37. Which of the following activities involves work done?
Enjoyed the Quiz. Share this with friends