Following are some of the multiple choice questions on the Endocrine System with answers that will help the students in developing their knowledge.
Endocrine System MCQ
1. The hormone secreted by the adrenal medulla in response to a stressor is:
2. Which of the following is a unique function of Cortisol?
3. Hormones that enter cells directly to cause changes are usually:
4. Which of the following is the function of the endocrine system?
5. Which of the following is NOT a major endocrine gland.
6. Which gland is the connection between the nervous system and endocrine system?
7. Which gland controls the rate at which the body produces energy from nutrients (metabolism)?
8. Which gland increases immune response?
9. Which gland helps to react to danger with a fight or flight response?
10. Which gland lowers blood glucose levels?
11. Which gland makes insulin?
12. What is the main function of the endocrine system?
13. A word that describes the normal, balanced, steady way your body works:
14. Which system does the pancreas help to break down food?
15. Controls glucose levels in blood
16. Endocrine glands produce __________ which maintain the body in homeostasis
17. Targets bone and muscle to promote growth and development
18. Targets the brain and make people sleepy when its dark
19. A disease by which people cannot control sugar levels in the blood
20. Which of the following is a function of the Endocrine System?
21. What type of product is secreted by endocrine glands?
22. Where are the adrenal glands located?
23. Are chemicals that travel in the blood and cause changes in different parts of the body
24. These release testosterone, which controls changes in a male's body and regulates sperm production.
25. Produces the hormone insulin and glucagon, which controls the level of glucose in the blood.
26. If you have diabetes, you most likely have a problem with this hormone.
27. An organ found in the neck that regulates metabolism is called:
28. Adrenaline is secreted from which gland?
29. Glucose levels in the blood are controlled by the:
30. A _________________ is a chemical message sent by a gland in the endocrine system.
31. What is the function of the glands in the endocrine system?
32. Which of the following terms means insufficient sugar in the blood?
33. Which of the following hormones is NOT secreted by the anterior pituitary?
34. Which hormone promotes the kidneys to reabsorb water?
35. The thyroid gland uses which of the following elements to make its hormones?
36. Which of the following conditions is characterized by being abnormally short in height?
37. An enlargement of the thyroid gland is called:
38. What do parathyroids regulate in the body?
39. What does FSH stand for?
40. Which is not a function of the endocrine system?
41. How are hormones moved through the body?
42. ______ are chemical messengers that communicate information with certain target cells.
43. Which is not a part of the endocrine system?
44. Which of these activities is related to the endocrine system?
Enjoyed the Quiz. Share this with friends