Following are some of the multiple choice questions on the Electrical Inductors with answers that will help the students in developing their knowledge.
Electrical Inductors MCQ
1. What is the voltage across the plates of the capacitor if the capacitance is 10 micro Farads and the Charge stored is 30 micro Coulombs?
2. During charging a capacitor variation of potential V of the capacitor with time t is shown as
3. If the capacitance of a capacitor is 47μF, and the voltage difference across the capacitor terminals is 6V, then the energy stored in that capacitor is:
4. ------------------------ is created out of two metal plates and an insulating material called a dielectric.
5. How much energy is stored when 50 A flowsthrough a 20 H inductor?
6. The production of a voltage across an inductor as a result of its own expanding or contracting magnetic field is called ____.
7. An inductor with an inductance of 5mH is connected in series with a 20 ohm resistor.What is the time constant of the inductor?
8. The voltage induced across an inductor as its magnetic field collapses is called ____.
9. What is the symbol for Inductance?
10. The electrical energy consumed by a coil is stored in the form of:
11. Which of the following is the unit of inductance?
12. With respect to the capacitor, which relationship is true?
13. The center of an inductor, which is either made from insulating or conducting material is called the ____.
14. Which of the following electrical symbols is used to represent the electrical component shown above in a circuit?
15. Transformer core are laminated in order to
16. An Inductor works as a ___________ circuit for DC supply.
17. Inductor cores can be made of
18. Inductive reactance is expressed as
19. Inductors connected in series will
20. The rate of change of ? determines the generated EMF in an inductor
21. An inductor stores energy
22. Your grade for inductors will depend highly on
23. ELI went to visit ICE and the two really resonated together! As a result, a ???? circuit was born.
24. Lamination of transformer core is made of
25. Neutrons have a __________ charge.
26. Why do socks stick together when they come out of the dryer?
27. Two small hollow metal spheres hung on insulating threads attract one another as shown. It is known that a positively charged rod will attract sphere A. Which statements can be correctly concluded about the charge on the spheres?
28. To demonstrate static electricity, a teacher takes an inflated balloon and rubs it against his hair. The rubber balloon picks up electrons from his hair, which makes his hair have
29. A balloon has a negative charge. The glass rod has a positive charge. What will happen when the glass rod is brought near the balloon?
30. The closer the charges, the ___________ the force between them
31. If a substance has a higher number of electrons than protons on its surface, what type of charge does it have?
32. What types of charges repel?
33. The transfer of what type of atomic particle is responsible for the static charges on objects?
34. Charged objects can be attracted to:
35. Which of the following does not change in an ordinary transformer........
36. Skin effects tends to
37. If supply frequency of a transformer increases, the secondary output voltage of the transformer
38. If in an iron cored coil the iron core is removed so as to make the air cored coil, the inductance of the coil will be
39. Mutual inductance between two magnetically coupled coils depends on
40. Select all images showing a type of inductor.
41. Which of the following is NOT a dielectric material ?
42. The ability of a capacitor to store a charge is called __________.
43. What is the unit of measurement for capacitance?
44. Capacitors are identified by which two values?
45. Two common inductor cores are ___________.
46. Inductance value is also affected by permeability, , cross sectional area and____________.
47. Inductor stores energy in the form of
48. Mutual inductance is NOT dependant on which of the following:
49. The current induced in a second piece of wire develops it's own magnetic field which in turn will induce a current in the original wire of reverse polarity. What is this called?
50. Electromagnetic induction can occur in any conductor, regardless of whether it's a straight piece of wire or coil.
Enjoyed the Quiz. Share this with friends