Following are some of the multiple choice questions on the Electrical Inductors with answers that will help the students in developing their knowledge.
Electrical Inductors MCQ
1. What is the symbol for Inductance?
2. If the capacitance of a capacitor is 47μF, and the voltage difference across the capacitor terminals is 6V, then the energy stored in that capacitor is:
3. With respect to the capacitor, which relationship is true?
4. Lamination of transformer core is made of
5. An Inductor works as a ___________ circuit for DC supply.
6. If supply frequency of a transformer increases, the secondary output voltage of the transformer
7. Inductor stores energy in the form of
8. If in an iron cored coil the iron core is removed so as to make the air cored coil, the inductance of the coil will be
9. ------------------------ is created out of two metal plates and an insulating material called a dielectric.
10. The production of a voltage across an inductor as a result of its own expanding or contracting magnetic field is called ____.
11. To demonstrate static electricity, a teacher takes an inflated balloon and rubs it against his hair. The rubber balloon picks up electrons from his hair, which makes his hair have
12. Neutrons have a __________ charge.
13. Why do socks stick together when they come out of the dryer?
14. The closer the charges, the ___________ the force between them
15. Charged objects can be attracted to:
16. The transfer of what type of atomic particle is responsible for the static charges on objects?
17. What types of charges repel?
18. If a substance has a higher number of electrons than protons on its surface, what type of charge does it have?
19. Mutual inductance between two magnetically coupled coils depends on
20. Which of the following does not change in an ordinary transformer........
21. The center of an inductor, which is either made from insulating or conducting material is called the ____.
22. Inductance value is also affected by permeability, , cross sectional area and____________.
23. Two common inductor cores are ___________.
24. Capacitors are identified by which two values?
25. Which of the following is NOT a dielectric material ?
26. What is the unit of measurement for capacitance?
27. The ability of a capacitor to store a charge is called __________.
28. How much energy is stored when 50 A flowsthrough a 20 H inductor?
29. An inductor with an inductance of 5mH is connected in series with a 20 ohm resistor.What is the time constant of the inductor?
30. What is the voltage across the plates of the capacitor if the capacitance is 10 micro Farads and the Charge stored is 30 micro Coulombs?
31. Which of the following is the unit of inductance?
32. The electrical energy consumed by a coil is stored in the form of:
33. The voltage induced across an inductor as its magnetic field collapses is called ____.
34. Transformer core are laminated in order to
35. Inductor cores can be made of
36. Inductive reactance is expressed as
37. Inductors connected in series will
38. The rate of change of ? determines the generated EMF in an inductor
39. An inductor stores energy
40. Your grade for inductors will depend highly on
41. ELI went to visit ICE and the two really resonated together! As a result, a ???? circuit was born.
42. Skin effect is a concern
43. Skin effects tends to
44. The "Q" of an inductor is expressed in units of
46. Magnetic coupling is when
47. The transient response of an inductor is expressed as
48. The magnetic field can be increased by adding
49. The unit of measurement for the inductor is
50. The force that opposes a rise in current is the
Enjoyed the Quiz. Share this with friends