Meaning of E-Commerce
Electronic commerce (e-commerce) is a business strategy that enables businesses and people to purchase and sell products and services through the Internet. Ecommerce may be done on computers, smartphones, tablets, and other smart devices, and it operates in four key market categories. Purchasing any commodity online, such as music, books, travel tickets, etc., or receiving any services online, such as financial services for eg. online banking and stock investing, can be called an e-commerce transaction, and thus, it is often addressed as a very troublesome technology.
Features of E-Commerce
- E-commerce alludes to the selling and purchasing of products and services via the use of the internet.
- It may be done on a variety of high-tech gadgets, including personal computers, tablets, smartphones, and other smart systems.
- In the ongoing modern era, there is hardly anything that can not be acquired online.
- It can replace physical stores, however, several companies opt for both alternatives.
- Business-to-business, business-to-consumer, consumer-to-consumer, and consumer-to-business are the four market categories in which e-commerce operates.
Significance of E-Commerce
E-commerce has made it possible for businesses (especially those with a limited appeal, such as small businesses) to grant access to and build a bigger market presence. This is accomplished by providing businesses with distribution channels for their products or services that are both more effective and less expensive. Target (TGT) maintains a website that enables users to shop for a wide variety of products, including clothing, coffeemakers, toothpaste, and action figures, without leaving the convenience of their own homes.
Pros of E-Commerce
- Is it practical
- Offers a huge variety of products and services.
Cons of E-Commerce
- Inadequate customer service
- Does not provide immediate gratification
- Products cannot be seen or handled until they have been delivered
E-commerce has turned the tables when it comes to the way people buy or consume products and services. More consumers are ordering products online and having them delivered to their houses. Since the vast majority of us have, at one time or another, purchased something on the internet, we have all indulged in electronic commerce. The widespread use of electronic commerce should not, therefore, come as a surprise to anyone.
Following are some of the multiple choice questions on the eCommerce with answers that will help the students in developing their knowledge.
1. Which is not a way of selling your product on-line?
2. A __________ is a big part of B2B e-commerce
3. “It is the most common form of payment in terms of number of transaction and instantly convertible into other forms of value without intermediation”. This statement refer to which types of payment systems __________.
4. Which are the 3 most visited websites on the internet (October 2016)?
5. Which of the following would you need to create an online shop
6. There is an email address listed in the website, so it must be a legitimate source!
7. Evaluating content on the Web is important because...
8. There are six key dimensions to e-commerce security. __________ refers to the ability to ensure that message and data are available only on those who are authorized to view them.
9. What is the default look for a hyperlink on a web page?
10. Which is not a basic components of Ecommerce Transactions?
12. Advantages of using an online website builder include:
13. Which of these software programs is designed specifically to make webpages?
14. Which of these is an advantage of storing a web address as a favourite?
15. What is the reason why people make online purchases?
16. What is a key negative impact of eCommerce
17. What does the term eCommerce mean?
18. Which of the following is not an advantage to customers when buying online
19. Which of the following is Not a type of Ecommerce
20. What is the meaning of CMS?
21. What possible fees can you incur when maintaining a website?
22. Wix.com is an example of __________________
23. All Payments transaction managed by ?
24. Describe any kind of commercial transaction that is facilitated through the internet.
25. The transfer of money and data to execute the transactions is a part that don´t must forget in:
26. The first ecommerce transaction was made:
27. A ________ engine is a piece of software that allows you to look for information on the internet.
28. __________________ is the process of maximizing the number of visitors to a particular website by ensuring that the site appears high on the list of results returned by a search engine
29. Which is the most effective way of selling your product from your own website?
30. Baidu.com is the most popular chinese website. What is it?
31. Similar to promoting but generally considered more long-term; paid for by the company
32. Refer to all aspects of operating an online business.
33. Refers to the buying and selling of goods or services using the internet.
34. The world’s fastest-growing ecommerce market is:
35. A skill or set of skills provided in exchange for compensation.
36. The practice of funding a project by raising many small amounts of money from a large number of people, typically via the internet.
37. The sale of a product by a business directly to a customer without any intermediary.
38. Downloadable goods, templates, and courses, or media that must be purchased for consumption or licensed for use.
39. The sale of a product, which is manufactured and shipped to the consumer by a third party.
40. The sale of products in bulk, often to a retailer that then sells them directly to consumers.
41. The automatic recurring purchase of a product or service on a regular basis until the subscriber chooses to cancel.
42. Any tangible good that requires inventory to be replenished and orders to be physically shipped to customers as sales are made
43. What are the terms identified for searching the internet or databases for information?
44. What is a company which facilitates placing websites online and delivers the data to and from computers
45. A good site should...
46. Which of these is NOT a pair of image file formats?
47. Which of these is usually a good website design feature?
48. In software terms, a browser is.....
49. What is the main disadvantage of Wikipedia?
50. When we say that a website is a reliable source we mean:
Enjoyed the Quiz. Share this with friends