Following are some of the multiple choice questions on the Ecology with answers that will help the students in developing their knowledge.
1. What is the term for each step in the transfer of energy and matter within a biological community?
2. What is an ecological model of the relationships that form a network of complex interactions among organisms in a community from producers to decomposers?
3. Study of interactions between organisms and their environment
4. plants that convert energy from the sun
5. Soil and sediments is created by the physical and chemical ____________ of igneous rock.
6. Approximately 90 percent of energy iconsumed by an organism is lost to ___
7. Nitrogen makes up _____ percent of the atmosphere.
8. Organisms that breaks down and absorbs nutrients from dead organisms
9. As you move upward, from level to level, in an energy pyramid, energy _____.
10. A collection of organisms that make up a community as well as all of the nonliving aspects of the environment.
11. A graphic illustration that shows each trophic level and the amount of useable energy contained within.
12. The living portions of the ecosystem.
13. An illustration that uses arrows to show the MANY possible directions in which matter and energy can pass through the organisms in an ecosystem.
14. The amount of energy that usually transfers from one trophic level to the next...
15. Which one is not a consumer?
16. What does every food chain start with? (Even if it's not drawn or written there!)
17. What Biome is covered in a dense canopy and an understory?
18. What Biome is very dry; receives very little rainfall?
19. What percentage of energy is passed on to the next trophic level?
20. Which event would not cause secondary succession?
21. A lion that eats a zebra that eats grass is a
22. Introduced species disrupt ecosystems because they are a/an
23. Which is an example of where primary succession could occur?
24. What would be a good example of a primary consumer?
25. What would happen within a few months after the formation of a volcanic island?
26. Mistletoe grows and spreads on trees, taking their nutrients:
27. The nonliving aspects of an ecosystem.
28. A collection of organisms that belong to different populations but all live in the same area and interact with one another.
29. Evaporation of water from the leaves of a plant gives of purified water to be evaporated.
30. Individuals that can breed with one another make up a
31. The air we breathe is only ____% oxygen.
32. Organisms that obtains its energy from abiotic sources, such as sunlight or inorganic chemicals
33. In the Article "The Critical Link", breaking down barriers that deny women access to health care, family planning, education, land ownership, employment and credit is linked to ________
34. Which is not a biome found in North America?
35. An underground reservoir of water is known as ______
36. An important attribute of a K-strategist species is _____
37. Which of these is not a characteristic share by all living things
38. Which biome, because of its climate and amount of rainfall, has the largest number of species of plants and animals?
39. Where an organism lives
40. Non-living factor that affects an ecosystem
41. Which of the following leads to a decrease in biodiversity?
42. A carbon "sink" is best described as:
43. Nitrogen fixation processes nitrogen from which of the following sources?
44. Organisms that relies on other organisms for food; consumer
45. All the organisms in a particular location, including their nonliving environment
46. What does fungi do to dead plants and animals?
47. Series of steps in which organisms transfer energy by eating and being eaten
48. Consumer that eats plants
49. Members of a species in a defined area
50. The energy at each trophic level in the pryamid of energy decreases by a factor of ____.
Enjoyed the Quiz. Share this with friends