Following are some of the multiple choice questions on the Earthworm digestive system with answers that will help the students in developing their knowledge.
Earthworm digestive system MCQ
1. How do earthworms move?
2. A __________ is an earthworm's greatest enemy.
3. What phylum does the earthworm belong?
4. Earthworms have which type of symmetry?
5. The earthworm is divided into
6. Bottom side of the earthworm
7. Which structure is NOT associated with digestion?
8. Annelids are hermaphrodites. Define this term.
9. Why must an earthworm’s skin be kept moist?
10. As the mouth is the entrance of the digestive system of an annelid, this structure is the exit.
11. What do earthworms eat?
12. Thickened non-segmented structure of the body indicating an adult worm that is available for reproduction
13. Bristle-like structures in which help the worm move
14. This structure is used for food storage.
16. Indicates away from the head
19. Indicates toward the head
20. What function do the aortic arches have?
21. The bottom of the earthworm is called which surfact?
22. What is the most important job of the earthworm?
23. Which is NOT true about earthworms’ role in the environment?
24. What is the function of the pharynx?
25. All of the following body systems can be found in a segmented worm EXCEPT the _______.
26. Seminal vesicles and receptacles are part of which body system?
27. The structure that transports the food from the pharynx to the crop is called...
28. Earthworms belong to Phylum______________
29. The earthworm's body is divided into ___.
30. Earthworms don't have teeth to grind their food so they use another organ to do so. It is called a ___.
31. An earthworm has both male and female organs. It is known as a ________.
32. The swollen part of the worm is called the __________. It signals that the worm is an adult and is able to reproduce.
33. Which vessel moves blood toward the anterior end of the worm?
34. How can you tell the dorsal side from the ventral side?
35. Temporary storage area for food
36. Why is the esophagus difficult to see in an earthworm?
Enjoyed the Quiz. Share this with friends