Following are some of the multiple choice questions on the Earth Science with answers that will help the students in developing their knowledge.
Earth Science MCQ
1. What is a renewable resource?
2. What is an inexhaustible resource?
3. What are the 3 major types of rocks?
4. How is it possible for new crust to be formed without increasing the surface area of the Earth?
5. What type of plate boundary is this?
6. In a drought, farmers often have problems with their topsoil blowing away when it gets really dry. What could farmers do to keep the lightweight, dry soil from blowing away or eroding?
7. Rock that forms when sediment from older rocks get pressed and cemented together.
8. This rock started as lava that cooled and then was heated and put under pressure over time. What type of rock is this?
9. This rock was formed by smaller pieces of rock that settled at the bottom of a lake millions of years ago. What type of rock is this?
10. This rock was found near the mouth of a volcano. What type of rock is this?
11. When sediments are pressed together tightly, this is called ____________.
12. Wind, water, and ice breaking down rock is called
13. Which of the following is the name of the ancient supercontinent formed 28 Million Years ago.
14. A divergent boundary occurs when plates ....
15. The type of plate boundary where two plates come together is a .....
16. Cause: Erosion of land on an inland farm.
17. Cause: Erosion of land next to the ocean.
18. Complete the statement: 1.______________ breaks rock down into tiny particles (sediment). Over time, 2.__________________, along with particles of organic material, are formed. The top layers 3.____________ on the bottom layers, forming sedimentary rocks.
19. Hurricanes can be helpful.
20. Hurricanes can be harmful.
21. Physical weathering...
22. Chemical weathering...
23. Clay holds too much water, and the plant's roots will rot.
24. Contamination of the ocean or land is...
25. Choose the correct definition and example of a fossil fuel.
26. A plate moving along a fault often causes...
27. The cause of a rock breaking due to frozen water is an example of...
28. Igneous Rock forms ...
29. What tool do scientists use to study wind speeds inside a thunderstorm to learn about a tornado?
30. Choose the correct steps a scientist follows to predict a hurricane.
31. What is the difference in air pressure at the peak of a mountain versus the base of the mountain?
32. Check all that are true:We can help the Earth by...
33. When water is warmed it evaporates and then cooled and condenses, it then will eventually...
34. True or False: Oxygen is the gas that makes up most of the atmosphere.
35. True or False: Flowing water breaking down and moving rocks and sediment is an interaction between the hydrosphere and the geosphere.
36. Check all that apply:The biosphere and the geosphere interact by...
37. The atmosphere is made up of all the...
38. The _______________ includes all living and formerly alive organisms, including humans.
39. Which of Earth's system is made of all the liquid, water, and snow?
40. Several dams were built across the Chattahoochee River. Which is one of the reasons they were built?
41. A seawall constructed along a length of oceanfront property can assist a coastal city by _______________________.
42. A student argues that a destructive force can change the surface of Earth. Which of the following could be used to support this claim?
43. The technology of a seismograph is helpful to humans because it ________.
44. What is pictured in the diagram?
45. How do humans try to prevent flood damage from overflowing rivers?
46. In the rock cycle, what causes metamorphic rock to form?
47. In the erosion lab, the smaller and lighter sediments, such as clay and silt, were generally deposited downstream in the basin. Why did this happen?
48. In the erosion lab, the larger, heavier sediments were generally deposited in the canyon and alluvial fan. Why did this happen?
49. In the erosion lab, what caused an increase in weathering, erosion, and deposition?
50. In the rock cycle, what causes sedimentary rock to form?
Enjoyed the Quiz. Share this with friends