Following are some of the multiple choice questions on the DBMS with answers that will help the students in developing their knowledge.
1. Which of the following levels is considered as the level closed to the end-users?
2. Which one of the following command is used to delete the existing row in a table?
3. A DBMS makes it possible for users to:-
4. SQL Query to delete all rows in a table without deleting the table (structure, attributes, and indexes)
5. The term "Data independence" refers to____
6. The term "SQL" stands for
7. Which of the following refers collection of the information stored in a database at a specific time?
8. The ______ clause allows us to select only those rows in the result relation of the ____ clause that satisfy a specified predicate.
9. Which one of the following commands is used to restore the database to the last committed state?
10. For what purpose the DML is provided?
11. Which of the following commands is used to save any transaction permanently into the database?
12. Which one of the following refers to the total view of the database content?
13. The Database Management Query language is generally designed for the _____
14. Which one of the following commands is used for removing (or deleting) a relation forms the SQL database?
15. Which of the following keys is generally used to represents the relationships between the tables?
16. Data redundancy occurs
17. In the given query which of the keyword has to be inserted?
INSERT INTO employee _____ (1002,'Joey',2000);
18. SELECT * FROM employee WHERE dept_name="Comp Sci";In the SQL given above there is an error . Identify the error.
19. Which of the following is the most important feature of DBMS:
20. Which of the following is NOT Advantages of DBMS
21. In existing table, ALTER TABLE statement is used to
22. The term "ODBC" stands for_____
23. How can you change “Hansen” into “Nilsen” in the “LastName” column in the Persons table?
24. Which of the following is not a DBMS despite having database capabilities:
25. In the relation model, the relation are generally termed as ________
26. An attribute A of datatype varchar(20) has the value “Avi” . The attribute B of datatype char(20) has value ”Reed” .Here attribute A has ____ spaces and attribute B has ____ spaces .(i.e the total number of utilized space by A,B)
27. What is missing in this code? SELECT * FROM WHERE genre = ‘action’ ORDER BY year ASC;
28. SELECT * FROM employeeWhat type of statement is this?
29. The database management system can be considered as the collection of ______ that enables us to create and maintain the database.
30. What is returned by SUBSTR(‘TUTORIALS POINT’, 1, 9)
31. Concurrent access by multiple users is not possible by using DBMS
32. CREATE TABLE employee (name VARCHAR, id INTEGER)What type of statement is this?
33. Which of the following refers to the number of attributes in a relation?
34. A view of database that appears to an application program is known as
35. Every Boyee-Codd normal form is in
36. Which command is used to remove all rows from a table ?
37. A DBMS query language is designed to
38. The architecture of a database can be viewed as the ________
39. How will a data analyst retrieve a list of all employees' first_name, last_name and hire_date from the employees table?
40. Which of the following is used in the application programs to request data from the database management system?
41. Which of the following is NOT a purpose of database?
42. Which data type would we use to show Mariah's birthday?
43. Which data type collect whole numbers?
44. What is a good primary key to use for a Product table?
45. What is an example of a paper database?
46. The primary key is a __________ that uniquely identifies a record.
47. Which entity would you NOT see in a bookstore database?
48. Intersection of rows and columns is called ..........
49. An/A ........ describes the structure of a database with the help of a diagram,
50. An/a ......... shows the relationship among entity sets.
Enjoyed the Quiz. Share this with friends