Following are some of the multiple choice questions on the DBMS with answers that will help the students in developing their knowledge.
1. In the given query which of the keyword has to be inserted?
INSERT INTO employee _____ (1002,'Joey',2000);
2. For what purpose the DML is provided?
3. The term "ODBC" stands for_____
4. The architecture of a database can be viewed as the ________
5. In the relation model, the relation are generally termed as ________
6. The Database Management Query language is generally designed for the _____
7. Which of the following keys is generally used to represents the relationships between the tables?
8. Which of the following levels is considered as the level closed to the end-users?
9. What is the full form of ESE and PA component in GTU syllabus
10. Identify book author for DBMS subject for practical
11. Information is processed data?
12. Identify Correct year for first database application launched
13. DBMS is multi user system?
14. Choose popular DBMS system
15. Identify correct options related to types of DBMS
16. Database is a collection of related data which represents some aspects of real world
17. DBMS is a software package designed to define, manipulate , retrieve and manage data in a database.
18. Match SQL language with SQL commands1)DDL i)Revok, Grant2)DML ii)rename a table3)TCL iii)insert, update4)DCL iv)rollback , commit
19. In existing table, ALTER TABLE statement is used to
20. SQL Query to delete all rows in a table without deleting the table (structure, attributes, and indexes)
21. Correct syntax query syntax to drop a column from a table is
22. Which command is used for removing a table and all its data from the database:
23. Which Symbol means "All"
24. Which is the correct query to delete the rows of employees whose exp is less than 10.
25. How will a data analyst retrieve a list of all employees' first_name, last_name and hire_date from the employees table?
26. SELECT statement is a ...............in SQL
27. What is missing in this code? SELECT * FROM WHERE genre = ‘action’ ORDER BY year ASC;
28. SELECT * FROM cars WHERE Doors > 3would return how many records?
29. SELECT * FROM Students WHERE Gender="Female" AND Class=2.2 would return how many records?
30. How can you change “Hansen” into “Nilsen” in the “LastName” column in the Persons table?
31. If you were wanting to filter data, which clause would you use?
32. Which SQL statement would add a record to the database?
INSERT INTO Designer VALUES ('SMI01', 'M Smith', 'firstname.lastname@example.org', '01224123456')
INSERT VALUES ('SMI01', 'M Smith', 'email@example.com', 01224123456') INTO Designer
INSERT ('SMI01', 'M Smith', 'firstname.lastname@example.org', '01224123456') INTO Designer
INSERT Designer INTO VALUES (''SMI01', 'M Smith', 'email@example.com', '01224123456')
33. Here which of the following displays the unique values of the column?SELECT ________ dept_nameFROM instructor;
34. SELECT * FROM employee WHERE dept_name="Comp Sci";In the SQL given above there is an error . Identify the error.
35. The ______ clause allows us to select only those rows in the result relation of the ____ clause that satisfy a specified predicate.
36. What is a good primary key to use for a Product table?
37. Intersection of rows and columns is called ..........
38. ER Diagram stands for
39. An/a ......... shows the relationship among entity sets.
40. An/A ........ describes the structure of a database with the help of a diagram,
41. ........... represents Entity sets.
42. An ER diagram has ....... main components
43. A ......... is a data model in which the data are organized into a tree-like structure.
44. What is an example of a paper database?
45. Which data type collect whole numbers?
46. What is the name of the Table in the diagram?
47. Which of the following is NOT a purpose of database?
48. Which data type would we use to show Mariah's birthday?
49. The primary key is a __________ that uniquely identifies a record.
50. Which entity would you NOT see in a bookstore database?
Enjoyed the Quiz. Share this with friends