Following are some of the multiple choice questions on the DBMS with answers that will help the students in developing their knowledge.
1. How can you change “Hansen” into “Nilsen” in the “LastName” column in the Persons table?
2. Here which of the following displays the unique values of the column?SELECT ________ dept_nameFROM instructor;
3. Collection of information stored in a database at a particular moment is
4. A DBMS makes it possible for users to:-
5. The term "Data independence" refers to____
6. The term "SQL" stands for
7. Which one of the following commands is used to restore the database to the last committed state?
8. For what purpose the DML is provided?
9. Which of the following commands is used to save any transaction permanently into the database?
10. Which one of the following refers to the total view of the database content?
11. Which one of the following command is used to delete the existing row in a table?
12. Which one of the following commands is used for removing (or deleting) a relation forms the SQL database?
13. Which of the following is used in the application programs to request data from the database management system?
14. SQL Query to delete all rows in a table without deleting the table (structure, attributes, and indexes)
15. Which of the following levels is considered as the level closed to the end-users?
16. The ______ clause allows us to select only those rows in the result relation of the ____ clause that satisfy a specified predicate.
17. Which of the following refers to the number of attributes in a relation?
18. Which of the following keys is generally used to represents the relationships between the tables?
19. Data redundancy occurs
20. In the given query which of the keyword has to be inserted?
INSERT INTO employee _____ (1002,'Joey',2000);
21. SELECT * FROM employee WHERE dept_name="Comp Sci";In the SQL given above there is an error . Identify the error.
22. Which of the following is the most important feature of DBMS:
23. Which of the following statements contains an error?
24. Which of the following is NOT Advantages of DBMS
25. In existing table, ALTER TABLE statement is used to
26. Which command is used for removing a table and all its data from the database:
27. What is returned by SUBSTR(‘TUTORIALS POINT’, 1, 9)
28. This is an authorization command of SQL
29. Which of the following refers collection of the information stored in a database at a specific time?
30. The term "ODBC" stands for_____
31. Which of the following is not a DBMS despite having database capabilities:
32. Which of the following is NOT a purpose of database?
33. In the relation model, the relation are generally termed as ________
34. An attribute A of datatype varchar(20) has the value “Avi” . The attribute B of datatype char(20) has value ”Reed” .Here attribute A has ____ spaces and attribute B has ____ spaces .(i.e the total number of utilized space by A,B)
35. What is missing in this code? SELECT * FROM WHERE genre = ‘action’ ORDER BY year ASC;
36. The Database Management Query language is generally designed for the _____
37. The database management system can be considered as the collection of ______ that enables us to create and maintain the database.
38. SELECT * FROM employeeWhat type of statement is this?
39. Concurrent access by multiple users is not possible by using DBMS
40. CREATE TABLE employee (name VARCHAR, id INTEGER)What type of statement is this?
41. A view of database that appears to an application program is known as
42. Every Boyee-Codd normal form is in
43. Which command is used to remove all rows from a table ?
44. A DBMS query language is designed to
45. Correct syntax query syntax to drop a column from a table is
46. What is the full form of ESE and PA component in GTU syllabus
47. A database management system (DBMS) is a collection of programs that enables users to
48. A................... is a collection of raw data files stored in the hard-drive
49. Data items grouped together for storage purposes are called a :
50. Database is a collection of related data which represents some aspects of real world
Enjoyed the Quiz. Share this with friends