Following are some of the multiple choice questions on the Data Structure with answers that will help the students in developing their knowledge.
Data Structure MCQ
1. Select ALL the situations that a Queue data structure would be used?
2. Queue is using the order called FIFO while stack follows the order of LIFO or ________.
3. In linked list, the elements are using _________ to linked the data item to the next address in memory location.
4. __________ are used to represent networks. The networks may include paths in a city or telephone network or circuit network.
5. How do you call this special function that is used to map a given value with a particular key for faster access of elements?
6. What do you this data structure classification in which the elements are stored/accessed on a non-linear order such as trees and graphs.
7. Why do we need to organize data in a computer? Check all possible answers.
8. What does LIFO stand for?
9. A _______________ is a linear data structure, in which elements are not stored at contiguous memory locations.
10. Which of the following are examples of Data Structures?
11. What do you call a collection of items stored at contiguous memory locations?
12. Data structures have sizes, structures and memory locations that can shrink or expand depending on the use.
13. Data structures have fixed sizes, structures and memory locations at compile time.
14. Which of the following is a characteristic of an algorithm?
15. Which of the following are not a criteria for ADT specification?
16. Which of the following are sorting algorithms?
17. It is the process of arranging a list of elements in a particular order.
18. In this type of search, a sequential search is made over all items one by one.
19. As the number of items in the sorted array grows, it only takes a logarithmic time relationship to find any given item.
20. It is a measure of how well a computer algorithm scales as the amount of data involved increases.
21. This is a theoretical analysis of an algorithm.
22. It is a method of solving problems that involves breaking a problem down into smaller and smaller sub problems until you get to a small enough problem that it can be solved trivially.
23. It is a step by step process to solve a given problem. Take the simplest example below.
24. This characteristic describes whether the data items are arranged in chronological sequence, such as with an array, or in an unordered sequence, such as with a graph.
25. It is a specialized way of storing and organizing data in a computer so that it can be used efficiently.
26. It is a view or representation of an entity that includes only the most significant attributes
27. What would happen if...deQueue()enQueue(Hanna)enQueue(Steve)enQueue(Jack)
28. Where would pointers be pointing if...Eli leaves the Queue. Hanna joins the Queue.Adam joins the Queue.Jason leaves the Queue.
29. Where would pointers be pointing if...Eli leaves the QueueAdam joins the Queue
30. Select operations that can be performed on a Queue Data Structure...
31. Which is the correct operation for:"Add a item to the front of the queue."
32. Which is the correct operation for:"Remove the rear item from the queue and return it"
33. Which is the correct operation for:"Remove the front item from the queue and return it"
34. Which is the correct operation for: "Add a item to the rear of the queue."
35. 2-3-4 trees are B-trees of order 4. They are an isometric of _____ trees.
36. Which value is assigned/set at front and rear ends during the Initialization of a Queue?
37. In a B+ tree, both the internal nodes and the leaves have keys.
38. What is the maximum number of keys that a B+ -tree of order 3 and of height 3 have?
39. Statement 1: When a node is split during insertion, the middle key is promoted to the parent as well as retained in right half-node.Statement 2: When a key is deleted from the leaf, it is also deleted from the non-leaf nodes of the tree.
40. 2-3 tree is a specific form of _________
41. Which of the following is true?
42. Compression techniques can be used on the keys to reduce both space and time requirements in a B-tree.
43. What is the best case height of a B-tree of order n and which has k keys?
44. B-tree of order n is a order-n multiway tree in which each non-root node contains __________
45. Identify the types of sorting that used partition and exchange sort.
46. Identify the best answer for the statement given below“ is any process of arranging items in some sequence and/or in different sets, and accordingly”
47. Which of the following is the most widely used external memory data structure?
48. Five node splitting operations occurred when an entry is inserted into a B-tree. Then how many nodes are written?
49. B-tree and AVL tree have the same worst case time complexity for insertion and deletion.
50. What should be the value of rear (end) if the queue is full (elements are completely occupied )?
Enjoyed the Quiz. Share this with friends