Following are some of the multiple choice questions on the Control System with answers that will help the students in developing their knowledge.
Control System MCQ
1. Zero initial condition for a system means
2. Which notation represents the feedback path in closed loop system representation
3. The initial response when tne output is not equal to input is called
4. Mass, in force-voltage analogy, is analogous to
5. An increase in gain, in most systems, leads to
6. Insertion of negative feedback in control system affects:
7. Which of the following will not decrease as a result of introduction of negative feedback?
8. Which of the following are the not characteristics of the closed loop systems?
9. Conventional control theory is applicable to systems
10. State space analysis is applicable even if the initial conditions are
11. Which among the following are the interconnected units of state diagram representation?
12. Which among the following plays a crucial role in determining the state of dynamic system?
13. Which among the following constitute the state model of a system in addition to state equations?
14. State model representation is possible using
15. Which mechanism in control engineering implies an ability to measure the state by taking measurements at output?
16. According to the property of state transition method, e0 is equal to
17. Stability of a system implies that :
18. Real distinct and negative.
19. Real and equal but with opposite sign.
22. The addition of open loop zero pulls the root loci towards:
23. If root loci plots of a particular control system do not intersect the imaginary axis at any point, then the gain margin of the system will be:
24. When the number of poles is equal to the number of zeroes, how many branches of root locus tends towards infinity?
25. When the number of poles is equal to the number of zeroes, how many branches of root locus tends towards infinity?
26. System transformation on function H(z) for a discrete time LTI system expressed in state variable form with zero initial condition
27. System transformation on function H(z) for a discrete time LTI system expressed in state variable form with zero initial condition
28. State space analysis is applicable for non- linear systems and for multiple input and output systems.
29. State space analysis is applicable for non- linear systems and for multiple input and output systems.
30. When human being tries to approach an object, his brain acts as,
31. For two-phase AC servomotor, if the rotor’s resistance and reactance are respectively R and X, its length and diameter are respectively L and D then,
32. Complex conjugate pair:
33. A transfer function of the system does not have pole-zero cancellation? Which of the following statements is true?
34. Consider a system if represented by state space equation and x1 (t) =x2 (t), then the system is:
35. Kalman’s test is for :
36. Kalman’s test is for :
37. A system is said to be if it is possible to transfer the system state from any initial state to any desired state in finite interval of time.
38. A system is said to be if it is possible to transfer the system state from any initial state to any desired state in finite interval of time.
39. With feedback reduces.
40. In a control system integral error compensation steady state error
42. directly converts temperature into voltage.
43. When human being tries to approach an object, his brain acts as,
45. Root locus of s(s+2)+K(s+4) =0 is a circle. What are the coordinates of the center of this circle?
46. is a quantitative measure of how fast the transients die out in the system.
47. A linear system can be classified as :
48. If root of the characteristic equation has positive real part the system is :
49. If the roots of the have negative real parts then the response is
50. If the impulse response in absolutely integrable then the system is :
Enjoyed the Quiz. Share this with friends