Following are some of the multiple choice questions on the Computer system architecture with answers that will help the students in developing their knowledge.
Computer system architecture MCQ
1. A floating point number that has a O in the MSB of mantissa is said to have
2. Multiprogramming of the computer system increases
3. When the CPU decodes and executes an instruction and then repeats. This is called the..
4. An address in main memory is called
6. A device/circuit that goes through a predefined sequence of states upon the application of input pulses is called
7. Which statement best describes RAM?
8. Cache memory works on the principle of
9. What characteristic of RAM memory makes it not suitable for permanent storage?
10. Which of the following memories must be refreshed many times per second?
11. In computers, subtraction is generally carried out by
12. Generally Dynamic RAM is used as main memory in a computer system as it
13. What are the two main architectural models that use the stored-program model?
15. What is the purpose of Cache?
16. The main memory of the computer system is also called
17. What is the full meaning of SIMD?
18. What computer architecture simultaneously reads or writes data from the data memory
19. What is usually held in the contents of RAM?
20. Volatile memory that runs the Operating System and other applications
21. Which of the following is not part of the CPU?
22. Which of the images below demonstrates the Von Neumann Architecture
23. What architecture stores both program instructions and data in main memory
24. A time sharing system imply
25. The branch logic that provides decision making capabilities in the control unit is known as
28. A complete microcomputer system consists of
29. The next instruction is located?
30. Where does a computer add and compare data?
31. Rotational latency, and transfer time. Rotational latency refers to ______.
32. (2FAOC)16 is equivalent to _____.
33. _________ register keeps track of the instructions stored in program stored in memory.
34. If memory access takes 20 ns with cache and 110 ns without it, then the ratio (cache uses a 10 ns memory) is _____.
35. . In a memory-mapped I/O system, which of the following will not be there?
36. In signed-magnitude binary division, if the dividend is (11100)2 and divisor is (10011)2 then the result is ______.
37. Logic X-OR operation of (4ACO)H& (B53F)H results _____.
39. The effective address in the relative address mode, when an instruction is read from the memory is
40. A stack organized computer has
41. In which addressing mode the operand is given explicitly in the instruction
42. A combinational logic circuit which sends data coming from a single source to two or more separate destinations is
43. When necessary, the results are transferred from the CPU to main memory by
44. A successive A/D converter is
45. The memory unit that communicates directly with the CPU is called the
46. The maximum addressing capacity of a micro processor which uses 16 bit database & 32 bit address base is
47. In Assembly language programming, minimum number of operands required for an instruction is/are
48. Which of the following are not a machine instructions
49. Which of the following is a main memory
50. Which of the following interrupt is non maskable
Enjoyed the Quiz. Share this with friends