Chain drives are a common choice for many industrial and commercial applications. They are durable, efficient, and can handle large loads. But how do you know which chain drive is right for your specific application?
There are a few things to consider when choosing a chain drive. First, you need to determine the type of chain drive that best suits your needs. There are two main types of chain drives: roller chain drives and V-belt drives.
Roller chain drives are more common in industrial applications. V-belt drives are more common in commercial applications. They are less durable but more efficient. Second, you need to determine the size of chain drive you need. Chain drives come in a variety of sizes, from small to large. The size you need will depend on the load you are trying to move and the amount of space you have to work with.
Third, you need to determine the chain drive's speed. chain drives can operate at a variety of speeds, from slow to fast. The speed you need will depend on the application you are using it for.
Following are some of the multiple choice questions on the Chain Drives with answers that will help the students in developing their knowledge.
Chain Drives MCQ
1. The three basic components of a chain drive are?
2. It is a way of transmitting mechanical power from one place to another which is common in motorcycles and bicycles.
3. Which of the following is NOT a type of shaft-to-adjacent-shaft power transmission?
4. Power is transferred between an electric motor and a pump with a chain drive. Calculate the required number of driven sprocket teeth and chain length if the motor and pump are 20 inches apart, and the driven shaft must rotate at 1800 r/min. The driving sprocket is installed directly on the motor shaft and has 30 teeth. The plate on the motor indicates a nominal speed of 1000 r/min. The chain has a pitch of 0.5 inches.
5. Which of the mechanical drive has higher power transmission efficiency
6. A chain should be replaced when its length becomes _______ longer than the original
7. Which of the following is NOT a material commonly used for making keys?
8. Which of the devices below is used for measuring the speed of rotation of a shaft?
9. Which of the following materials is most commonly used for making shafts suitable for the food processing industry equipment?
10. What is the purpose of the lockout / tag out system?
11. What is the type of key tolerance if you were able to push the key into its key seat with your thumb?
12. Which type of key is used for repair and rescue of key seats that have become larger due to wear?
13. Which of the tools below is used to measure the level of a surface and parallelism of a surface with the ground?
14. Which of the following is NOT a standard way for mounting a driving motor to a bedplate?
15. What is the component used to protect the bedplate from damage when mounting a motor?
16. What kind of energy transformation happens inside an electric motor?
17. Compared to chain drives, belt drives
18. The sag on a chain is measured with
19. Chain drives should receive maintenance
20. If the driving sprocket of a chain drive has 30 teeth and the driven sprocket has 20 teeth, the driven sprocket rotates
21. This component is used to connect the two ends of a chain with an even number of links
22. It is desirable that the chain wrap around the smaller sprockets be
23. The tool used to break a chain is called a
24. A number 40-3 chain has the following characteristics:
25. This type of chain is suited for light weight, low speed applications.
26. What is the chain ratio if the drive chain has 12 teeth and the driven chain has 60?
27. Application of oil with a brush to lubricate the chain is
28. Which type of chain has greater strength
29. Chain drives required frequent lubrication
30. In a chain drive, chains are passed over
31. A bicycle contains 60 tooth in the driving sprocket and 40 tooth in the driven, the sprocket ratio will be
32. If the driven sprocket rotates by 3 rotation upon giving one rotation to the driving sprocket, sprocket ratio will be
33. Which chain is most suitable for noiseless running
34. Chain drives required precise alignment compared to belt drives
35. Chain drives can be used for
Enjoyed the Quiz. Share this with friends