Following are some of the multiple choice questions on the Carbohydrates with answers that will help the students in developing their knowledge.
1. What atoms make up all carbohydrates?
2. These are all properties of a disaccharide EXCEPT:
3. These are all properties of a monosaccharide EXCEPT:
4. What two groups are removed from monosaccharides to form disaccharides or polysaccharides
5. How do the number of H atoms compare to the number of O atoms in a carbohydrate?
6. Which foods do not contain natural sugar?
7. Which polysaccharide is used by plants to store glucose?
8. Starch is an example of a polysaccharide found in plants. What is the monomer of starch (Hint: it is an example of a monosaccharide)?
9. Which polysaccharide is used by plants to make their cell wall?
10. Important to the structural integrity of plant cells, this is the single most popular polysaccharide in the world.
11. Polymers form when a single water molecule is removed from between two monomers
12. Molecules that occur naturally in living organisms.
13. How many categories of carbohydrates are there?
14. Makes up the plants cell wall and is fiber in our diets
15. Carbohydrtaes are made up of
16. Sucrose (table sugar) Lactose (Milk Sugar) Maltose (Grain sugar) are examples of
17. Which health problems is a consequence of eating too much added sugar?
18. Which is not a chemical element needed to build sugars?
19. Carbohydrates are the first source of _______ for the body?
20. What two monosaccharides make up maltose?
21. Which polysaccharide makes up the exoskeleton of insects?
22. What is the polysaccharide used by animals to store glucose?
23. Which monosaccharide is the sweetest?
24. What makes up the disaccharide sucrose?
25. Lactose is composed of
26. Which of the following is NOT a monosaccharide?
27. What is the monomer of carbohydrates
28. Which has more energy, 1.0 g of carbohydrate or 1.0 g of lipid?
29. What is not a type of carbohydrate?
30. Sugars all end with what three letter ending?
31. Carbohydrates are comprised of Carbon, Hydrogen, Oxygen, and Nitrogen
32. A single unit of sugar is referred to as:
33. Carbohydrates yield how many Calories per gram?
34. The scientific name for table sugar is ___
35. C6H12O6 is the molecular formula for what carbohydrate?
36. The 3 categories of carbohydrates are:
37. Which of these are examples of carbohydrates?
38. All carbohydrate names end with which ending:
39. Which do all carbohydrates do for us?
40. How many sugar units make up polysaccharides?
41. The process of removing water in order to form a bond between monomers is called....
42. The process of digesting a polysaccharide into individual monosaccharides is called....
43. The process of breaking the bonds within a starch molecule in order to release glucose molecules is called......
44. Some carbohydrate foods are ________
45. The process of adding water in order to break bonds within a polymer....
46. How many sugar units make up disaccharides?
47. How many sugar units make up monosaccharides?
49. Found in fruits, vegetables, grains, potatoes, pasta, breads.
50. ______+_____= Maltose
Enjoyed the Quiz. Share this with friends