Automobiles are one of the most important inventions in human history, and it's important to have a basic understanding of how they work. Automobile engineering is the study of designing, developing, manufacturing, and testing vehicles. It includes a wide range of topics such as thermodynamics, heat transfer, materials science, mechanics, and electronics. Automobile engineers can work in many different fields, including design, development, manufacturing, testing, and marketing.
An internal combustion engine is a type of heat engine that converts chemical energy into mechanical energy. The most common type of internal combustion engine is the gasoline engine, which is used in cars and trucks. Other types of internal combustion engines include diesel engines, jet engines, and rocket engines.
Automobiles work by converting energy into motion. The most common type of automobile is the car, which uses an internal combustion engine to convert gasoline into motion. Automobiles also use other types of engines, such as electric motors and steam engines.
Automobile engineering is a complex and fascinating field. There are many different types of automobiles, and each one has its own unique features. If you're interested in learning more about automobile engineering, be sure to check out our Automobile Engineering MCQ course.
Following are some of the multiple choice questions on the Automobile Engineering with answers that will help the students in developing their knowledge.
Automobile Engineering MCQ
1. The drive-shafts are connected to the differential and wheel hubs through universal joints because the universal joints
2. The power source for a brake booster is
3. The function of anti-lock brake system (ABS) is that is
4. If the air-fuel mixture in a spark ignition engine is too rich, then air-fuel ratio is about
5. The firing order for an in-line four cylinder I.C. engine is
6. The condition that causes vapour locking in a brake system is
7. The Diesel engines are also known as
8. What type of bearing is used for main bearings and connecting rod bearings ?
9. Which of the following indicates a multigrade oil ?
10. Incorrect steering axis inclination (S.A.I.) causes
11. The petrol engines are also known as
12. Highest useful compression ratio (HUCR) is the highest compression ratio at which the
13. When the battery is half (50%) charged, the specific gravity of acid in a battery is usually
14. In a unit type body (frameless body) design, the sheet metal parts are welded together, forming a frame work to which outer skin is attached.
15. Positive camber is used to compensate for wheels tilting inward due to the weight of the vehicle.
16. The main function of intake manifold is that it
17. The main cause for the change in engine oil viscosity is
18. Which of the following indicates multi-grade oil?
19. Which of the following oil is more viscous?
20. Wheel base of a vehicle is the
21. When turning a corner
22. A traction control system (TCS) in automobiles controls the
23. The device for smoothening out the power impulses from the engine is called
24. The component that connects the steering rack to the knuckles is
25. The cetane number of a Diesel fuel is a measure of
26. The air gap between the central electrode and ground (or side) electrode of a spark plug is around
27. The cetane rating of Diesel fuel is in the order of
28. The most commonly used supplementary restraint system (SRS) component is
29. The tilting of the front wheels away from the vertical, when viewed from the front of the car, is called
30. The compression ratio in petrol engine is kept less than in Diesel engine because
31. The main function of the tread pattern on tyre is that
32. In a fuel injection system, the electronic control module (ECM) calculates the optimum fuel-injection volume for the engine condition based on the data received from the sensors, and injects this volume of fuel into the intake manifold at the optimum timing.
33. The battery is an electrochemical device, which means battery
34. The operation of removing trapped air from the hydraulic braking system is known as
35. The diagram which shows the correct crank positions corresponding to the opening and closing of the valves, is known as
36. The information provided by the oxygen (O2) sensor to the feedback control system is about the
37. The co-efficient of rolling resistance for a truck weighing 63 500 N is 0.018. The rolling resistance to the truck is
38. If the air-fuel mixture ignites before the spark takes place at spark plug, the condition is called
39. The advantage of double-wishbone suspension design is that a large amount of freedom is available for setting geometry and precise settings can be made for driving comfort and steerability,
40. In a ventilated disc brake,
41. The vehicle ride will be comfortable if
42. The flywheel and the pressure plate bind the clutch disc between them so that the engine and the transmission can be engaged.
43. In a spark plug, when the temperature of the central electrode exceeds a certain temperature, any carbon that has adhered will be burnt off, and the temperature at which this burning off carbon starts is referred to as the self cleaning temperature.
45. It is necessary to maintain the valve clearances as they
46. It is necessary to maintain the valve clearances as they
47. A baffle plate is fitted inside the oil pan to prevent the oil from splashing when it is subjected to vibration and other movement during vehicle operation.
48. The portion of a crankshaft which rests on cylinder block is called main journal.
49. The function of a governor in automobiles is to
50. The main task of a battery in automobiles is to
Enjoyed the Quiz. Share this with friends