Following are some of the multiple choice questions on the Automobile Engineering with answers that will help the students in developing their knowledge.
Automobile Engineering MCQ
1. The power source for a brake booster is
2. The firing order for an in-line four cylinder I.C. engine is
3. The condition that causes vapour locking in a brake system is
4. The device for smoothening out the power impulses from the engine is called
5. The component that connects the steering rack to the knuckles is
6. Which of the following indicates a multigrade oil ?
7. The cetane number of a Diesel fuel is a measure of
8. The air gap between the central electrode and ground (or side) electrode of a spark plug is around
9. The cetane rating of Diesel fuel is in the order of
10. The most commonly used supplementary restraint system (SRS) component is
11. The compression ratio in petrol engine is kept less than in Diesel engine because
12. The main function of the tread pattern on tyre is that
13. The tilting of the front wheels away from the vertical, when viewed from the front of the car, is called
14. In a fuel injection system, the electronic control module (ECM) calculates the optimum fuel-injection volume for the engine condition based on the data received from the sensors, and injects this volume of fuel into the intake manifold at the optimum timing.
15. The operation of removing trapped air from the hydraulic braking system is known as
16. The battery is an electrochemical device, which means battery
17. The diagram which shows the correct crank positions corresponding to the opening and closing of the valves, is known as
18. The information provided by the oxygen (O2) sensor to the feedback control system is about the
19. If the air-fuel mixture ignites before the spark takes place at spark plug, the condition is called
20. The co-efficient of rolling resistance for a truck weighing 63 500 N is 0.018. The rolling resistance to the truck is
21. The advantage of double-wishbone suspension design is that a large amount of freedom is available for setting geometry and precise settings can be made for driving comfort and steerability,
22. If the air-fuel mixture in a spark ignition engine is too rich, then air-fuel ratio is about
23. In a ventilated disc brake,
24. Positive camber is used to compensate for wheels tilting inward due to the weight of the vehicle.
25. The main function of intake manifold is that it
26. In a spark plug, when the temperature of the central electrode exceeds a certain temperature, any carbon that has adhered will be burnt off, and the temperature at which this burning off carbon starts is referred to as the self cleaning temperature.
27. The vehicle ride will be comfortable if
28. The flywheel and the pressure plate bind the clutch disc between them so that the engine and the transmission can be engaged.
30. A traction control system (TCS) in automobiles controls the
31. In a unit type body (frameless body) design, the sheet metal parts are welded together, forming a frame work to which outer skin is attached.
32. Incorrect steering axis inclination (S.A.I.) causes
33. It is necessary to maintain the valve clearances as they
34. It is necessary to maintain the valve clearances as they
35. What type of bearing is used for main bearings and connecting rod bearings ?
36. What type of bearing is used for main bearings and connecting rod bearings ?
37. The portion of a crankshaft which rests on cylinder block is called main journal.
38. A baffle plate is fitted inside the oil pan to prevent the oil from splashing when it is subjected to vibration and other movement during vehicle operation.
39. The function of a governor in automobiles is to
40. The main task of a battery in automobiles is to
41. When the battery is half (50%) charged, the specific gravity of acid in a battery is usually
42. Highest useful compression ratio (HUCR) is the highest compression ratio at which the
43. A laminated glass upon cracking
44. The self ignition temperature of Diesel as compared to petrol is
45. The Diesel engines are also known as
46. The petrol engines are also known as
47. A worm gear is used as the pinion for the rack and pinion type of steering gearbox, because it
48. The correct way to rectify an imbalanced wheel is to
49. An under-inflated tyre will wear the tread most
50. The purpose of a balancer shaft is to
Enjoyed the Quiz. Share this with friends