Following are some of the multiple choice questions on the Amniocentesis with answers that will help the students in developing their knowledge.
1. An image of an individual's chromosomes used to look for abnormal numbers or structures of chromosomes.
2. Which is responsible for most genetic variation among humans?
3. Which would most likely favor species survival in changing environmental conditions?
4. Occurs when a pair of homologous chromosomes fail to separate or segregate during Anaphase is called:
5. A procedure used to take out a small sample of the amniotic fluid that surrounds the fetus in a pregnant woman is called:
6. The traits of an organisms are coded in its DNA. The code for these traits is read a sequence of -
7. DNA is composed of two complementary strands. This is reflected in the fact that -
8. Which feature of DNA regulates the types of enzymes produced in a cell?
9. DNA is composed of two chains with nitrogenous bases that are complementary to one another. If a portion of a DNA strand reads 5' ATCCGGATTACA 3', then what would be the complement to this portion of DNA?
10. The DNA of polymer of the Nucleic Acids holds thousands of nucleotide pairs. The purpose of these repeating nitrogen bases within the nucleotide pairs is-
11. When doctors calculate a baby's due date, how much can it vary?
12. When a sperm has fertilized an egg, what is that called?
13. What is it called if a fetus dies before the 5th month of pregnancy?
14. The zygote is formed in what stage of pregnancy?
15. How many chromosomes does every baby have?
16. Amniocentesis is performed to determine_____.
17. The fluid sample required for performing the Amniocentesis test is ________.
18. Which year India adopted ‘The Reproductive and Child Health (RCH) programme’?
19. Through amniocentesis, foetal cells can be tested for detecting various diseases if foetus by
22. Aborting the female in the mother’s womb’ is called
23. One of the recommendation of Justice Verma Committee, is
24. Which term best describes the type of cell division that produces daughter cells with the same number of chromosomes as the parent cells?
25. A human skin cell contains 46 chromosomes. How many chromosomes should be present in a human sperm cell or egg cell?
26. When is the embryonic stage?
27. When is the germinal stage?
28. When is the fetal stage?
29. How many extra calories does a pregnant woman need?
30. In which of these situations should a pregnant woman immediately contact her doctor?
31. What conditions cause the muscles to become weaker?
32. What vitamin is most vital to normal development in a fetus?
33. What advantage does chorionic villi sampling have over amniocentesis?
34. What is the name of the prenatal test that involves taking a sample of placenta?
35. What happens if an ovum reaches the uterus without being fertilized?
36. What is a baby's development during the nine months of pregnancy called?
37. What is the process of an egg being released by the ovaries called?
38. What is true about the placenta?
39. What is a healthy amount of weight to gain when you are pregnant?
40. What is not an example of a birth defect?
Enjoyed the Quiz. Share this with friends