About this Quiz
This Energy and Power Class 8 MCQ test contains random 30 Objective Questions. You have select one correct answer among given options.
Energy and Power Class 8 MCQ With Answers
1. Which two energy sources together provide more than 50% of the energy needs in the US?
- nuclear and natural gas
- oil and coal
- hydro power and oil
- natural gas and oil
2. Which form of energy is being converted to electrical energy by the batteries in a flashlight?
3. Energy is
- Whether one feels like doing work
- the ability to do work
- calculated by dividing the amount of work by the amount of time to do the work
- just another word for work
4. Which energy source is renewable?
- Fuel oil
- Natural Gas
6. Which type of electromagnetic energy has a shorter wavelength than ultraviolet?
- Visible Light
- X rays
7. Energy of motion is called
- elastic potential energy
- kinetic energy
- gravitational potential energy
- chemical energy
8. Which factor contributes to global warming?
- increased use of solar-powered cars
- increased burning of fossil fuels
- better long-term weather forecasts
- changing distance between Earth and Sun
9. The Law of Conservation of Energy states that energy cannot be created or destroyed, but energy can change
- its total mass
- its total volume
- from one form to another
- from one state of matter to another
10. Which form of energy is produced when a rubber band vibrates?
11. As a rubber band is snapping back, it has what kind of energy?
12. Which changes in energy are illustrated in the diagram?
- electrical to sound to light and mechanical
- sound to mechanical to light and electrical
- mechanical to light to sound and electrical
- light to electrical to mechanical and sound
13. Which form of energy is almost always produced during energy transformations?
14. As a candle burns, the chemical energy stored in the wax is transferred into
- Heat and Light
- Heat and Magnetism
- Electricity and Light
- Electricity and Magnetism
15. The bulb above is not lit when the switch is in this position because...
- Current is flowing
- The wire is connected
- The circuit is not complete
- The Circuit is complete
Enjoyed the Quiz. Share this with friends