About this Quiz
This Heat Transfer Class 4 MCQ test contains random 30 Objective Questions. You have select one correct answer among given options.
Heat Transfer Class 4 MCQ With Answers
1. Billy bumped his head and immediately put an ice pack on his head. Which heat transfer method is making the ice pack warmer?
2. Ms. Smith uses her lunch box to keep her lunch warm. Her lunch box is an example of:
3. Which best describes heat transfer by radiation?
- A slice of bacon frying in a pan.
- A pot on a stove boiling water.
- Cooking a hotdog in a microwave.
- A hot air balloon.
4. Why should space be left at the top of a plastic bottle when filling with water and then freezing?
- Because water expands when frozen.
- Because water contracts when frozen.
- Because plastic contracts when frozen.
- Because plastic expands when frozen.
5. Charles is boiling water to make macaroni n' cheese. The process of heating the pot is an example of
6. What enables firemen to enter buildings that are on fire and return from them safely?
- Convection cells keep fire away
- The heat makes the building expand so there is no more room
- Firemen wear heat resistant suits
- They are really fast
7. The power goes out at your house. After 2 hours you go to the freezer and you notice that everything is still completely frozen. Why did none of the food melt?
- The food has a low melting point.
- The food has a high melting point.
- The freezer is made of materials that insulates and keeps the freezer cold.
- The freezer is made of materials that conducts and keeps the freezer cold.
8. Many electrical wires are wrapped in plastic coating because plastic is
- less expensive than steel
- more dense than copper
- able to keep its shape
- a good insulator
9. Popcorn is made from corn kernels. What occurs when kernels are heated in the microwave?
- The kernels expand.
- The kernels dissolve.
- The kernels become hard and brittle.
- The kernels stick together to form a ball.
10. Hot air rising and cool air sinking is an example of
11. You are on a camping trip and you forgot your cooking supplies at home. What would be the best way to cook your food?
- Shining a flashlight over the food.
- Food on top of a metal shovel over an open flame.
- Food in a bucket placed in the sun.
- Food wrapped up in a sleeping bag.
12. A spoon is placed into a mug of hot coffee. As the spoon sits in the coffee it begins to get warm. The heat from the coffee moves to the cool spoon. The spoon is an example of:
13. If you cannot open a jar, why will placing the metal lid under hot water help to loosen the lid?
- Glass contracts when it is heated.
- Metals expand when they are heated.
- Metals are easier to grip when they are warm.
- Hot water reduces friction between metal and glass.
14. When choosing materials to build a fireplace, why is brick a better choice than metal?
- Brick is a conductor.
- Brick is heat resistant.
- Metal is a conductor.
- Metal is heat resistant.
15. If you pour hot water into a bathtub with cold water, what will be created?
- Convection Cell
16. What is the original source of most of the energy that people use?
- By radiation from the Sun.
- By convection from the Sun.
- By radiation from the Earth's core.
- Conduction from Earth's core.
17. Why does a balloon on top of a water bottle expand when the bottle is placed in hot water?
- Heat causes gases to expand.
- Heat causes gases to contract.
- As air cools, currents flow clockwise.
- As air cools, currents flow counterclockwise.
18. Which best explains why there are gaps between the concrete sidewalks?
- When it's cold the gaps allow expanding without cracking.
- When it's hot the gaps allow expanding without cracking.
- When it's cold the gaps allow contracting without cracking.
- When it's hot the gaps allow contracting without cracking.
19. Which best explains how roasting marshmallows happens?
- Heat from the fire is conducted into the marshmallow.
- Heat from the fire is radiated into the marshmallow.
- The coolness of the marshmallow is conducted into the fire.
- The coolness of the marshmallow is radiated into the fire.
Enjoyed the Quiz. Share this with friends